GPU Mining is out, come and let us know of your bench scores!

Comments

• MrYukonCMrYukonC Member Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    adaseb said:

MrYukonC said:

adaseb said:

The MSI R7 370 all come with Samsung Memory chips so you can run them at 17MH/s.
    Way better deal than the 380

@adaseb To do that, I assume you overclock the memory? Any reason to overclock the core, as well? I've got a whole ton of 370's coming online last week and this week. ASUS STRIX, MSI, Sapphire (Vapor-X & Nitro).

Right now I haven't tweaked anything, but all of them across the board are right at 15 Mh/s on Ubunut 15.04.

I know the ASUS STRIX has Hynix memory, so it should be able to go faster too. Don't know about either of the Sapphires, though.
    Yes, the best I could get is 1150/1500, any lower or higher and you get a worse speed. I tried every possible combination except for overvolting the card.

I have the MSI R7 370 Gaming there is also some MSI R7 370 Tiger which has a stock clock a little lower, no idea if you can run those at the same clock.
    @adaseb Thanks!
  • FerniGumbellFerniGumbell Member Posts: 5
    Hi,here are my 2 rigs>

ubuntu 14.04.02

qt miner

rig1

1 hd 7975 @ 1025/1575
    20 MH

Rig2

1 hd 7990 /stock
    2 R9 280x /stock
    82 MH
  • 3vil_ETH3vil_ETH Member Posts: 6
    Win10
    ethminer-0.9.41-genoil-1.0.4b3

2 seperate desktops

setx GPU_FORCE_64BIT_PTR 0
    setx GPU_MAX_HEAP_SIZE 100
    setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
    setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
    ethminer -F http://ethereumpool.co/?miner=*MH*@*ETH_ADDR*@*WORKERNAME* -G --cl-local-work 256 --cl-global-work 8192

SAPPHIRE r9 270 2GB - 17MH Overclocked to 1000/1500
    SAPPHIRE HD7970 3GB - 22MH Overclocked to 1100/1500

Tried several pools, I found ethereumpool.co reports the most accurate stats and seems to pay out a little more than other pools for what I'm running. Many of the other pools have a fixed high diff that causes large fluctuations in reported hashrate.

3vil_ETH said:

Win10
    ethminer-0.9.41-genoil-1.0.4b3

2 seperate desktops

ethminer -F http://ethereumpool.co/?miner=*MH*@*ETH_ADDR*@*WORKERNAME* -G --cl-local-work 256 --cl-global-work 8192

SAPPHIRE r9 270 2GB - 17MH Overclocked to 1000/1500
    SAPPHIRE HD7970 3GB - 22MH Overclocked to 1100/1500

Tried several pools, I found ethereumpool.co reports the most accurate stats and seems to pay out a little more than other pools for what I'm running. Many of the other pools have a fixed high diff that causes large fluctuations in reported hashrate.

@3vil_ETH

http://ethpool.org uses variable difficulty if you use their QtMiner. It's a solid choice. Lots of us have been happy with them.

• 3vil_ETH3vil_ETH Member Posts: 6
    MrYukonC said:

3vil_ETH said:

@3vil_ETH

http://ethpool.org uses variable difficulty if you use their QtMiner. It's a solid choice. Lots of us have been happy with them.

I did try it but not long enough to find a block, Is it worth it with roughly 40MH? I get about 1 Eth or a little under per day on ethereumpool.co. Do you think I could get a block in 5 or 6 days?
    3vil_ETH said:

I did try it but not long enough to find a block, Is it worth it with roughly 40MH? I get about 1 Eth or a little under per day on ethereumpool.co. Do you think I could get a block in 5 or 6 days?

@3vil_ETH Yes, you will get a block pretty much inline with what the calculators estimate. Ethpool is a very good and efficient pool, as is Dwarfpool.

The nice thing about Ethpool is their var-diff / stratum (push-based, not poll-based) QtMiner. It's about as efficient of a client as you can get. Their pool backend is also very efficient with a low uncle rate.

Right now though, I am directing people to Ethpool because Dwarfpool is dangerously large.

You will earn pretty much identical on both pools, just that Dwarfpool will spread payments out over 1+ ETH increments and Ethpool will pay them 1 Block (5 ETH) at a time.
  • JukeboxJukebox Member Posts: 640 ✭✭✭
    Got two Sapphire 380x. Seems to be not bad. Good cooling solution.
    Chip (according to GPU-Z): Tonga rev. F1
    Clocks 1125/1650 (slightly OC'ed)
    VGPU 1.075 V (-0.075 V undervolt)
    20.3-20.8 Mhash
    Screen
  • viitmanviitman Member Posts: 1
    Gigabyte R9 380 4GB / Win10 / Driver Crimson 15.12
    Clock 1150 / 1550
    20 Mhash

Dwarfpool settings:
    ethminer -G --opencl-device 1 -t 1 --farm-recheck 400 -F http://0.0.0.0:0000/worker --cl-local-work 256 --cl-global-work 16384
  • moonmangmoonmang Member Posts: 3
    edited March 2016
    If I'm mining with an R9 390 8GB model should I be using something other than AlethOne?

EDIT: I'm getting about 22 Mhash/s right now. Is that low?
  • happytreefriendshappytreefriends Member Posts: 537 ✭✭✭
    moonmang said:

If I'm mining with an R9 390 8GB model should I be using something other than AlethOne?

You should be getting 28-30MH
  • moonmangmoonmang Member Posts: 3

moonmang said:

Could this be due to having an older CPU? Or should I use something other than AlethOne? Windows 8 BTW.
  • TapchaNTapchaN Member Posts: 1
    Asus R9 390X
    min 21.5MH/S mean 30MH/s max 40.1MH/s
  • FerniGumbellFerniGumbell Member Posts: 5
    HD saphire 7970 @ 1100/1500
    18 mh on qtminer

wut dah ell
  • happytreefriendshappytreefriends Member Posts: 537 ✭✭✭
    moonmang said:

moonmang said:

Could this be due to having an older CPU? Or should I use something other than AlethOne? Windows 8 BTW.
    Could be. Use ethminer directly. Never used Alethone.
  • noonwaynoonway Member Posts: 11
    akropiss said:

Turns out it was catalyst 16.3, it really nerfs hashrate, rolled em' back and getting exactly what i predicted mid-high 60s

What version of the driver are you running now? I'm thinking I may need to downgrade as well.

• Marvell9Marvell9 Member Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    @Cobra98 try to mine with the cards then post the true speed on the pool or solo

it seems that bencharking is really high on those 370s but mining on the pool you need to OC to get smilar numbers from the benchmark
  • Marvell9Marvell9 Member Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    windows 10 works too if you have that for AMD cards
    @Cobra98 @Marvell9

Yeah, that benchmark is way high for the 370 NITRO.

I have 2 of them running at the moment on Ubuntu and out of the box they were 14.5 Mh/s cards. With overclock I've got them to 15+ Mh/s. Couldn't find any combos of core/mem clocks that would push it much higher. Will still play with it more though.
  • noonwaynoonway Member Posts: 11
    edited March 2016
    Actually, just saw I'm running 16.1.1 of the Radeon Driver so I think I'm good... Windows 10 here. Sapphire R9 280. Running at 20 MH/s consistently since I started.

--cl-local-work 128 --cl-global-work 8192
  • Varun916Varun916 Member Posts: 24
    I just spun up 6x MSI R7 370's. Overclocked to 1150/1500, I'm getting between 90-94 on avg according to ethpool. Running ubuntu 14.04 & ethminer + ethpool's stratum proxy. I did install the normal proprietary amd drivers(not the -updates drivers). Will install them & see if it makes any difference. 6x gpu's + celeron G1840 dual core processor + asrock H97 mobo is consuming 800W at the wall.
    Varun916 said:

I just spun up 6x MSI R7 370's. Overclocked to 1150/1500, I'm getting between 90-94 on avg according to ethpool. Running ubuntu 14.04 & ethminer + ethpool's stratum proxy. I did install the normal proprietary amd drivers(not the -updates drivers). Will install them & see if it makes any difference. 6x gpu's + celeron G1840 dual core processor + asrock H97 mobo is consuming 800W at the wall.

@Varun916

That hashrate sounds right inline with what my various brands of 370's show on Ethpool.
  • BiodomBiodom Member Posts: 693 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2016
    @Varun916 @MrYukonC
    How to overclock or underclock cards in Ubuntu 14.04?
    proxy settings are incomprehensible for me in ubuntu since i am linux novice
    i wish some had written a post with proxy setup explanation for Linux; there is one floating around (in russian, though) for windows.
    thanks

these cards are $165 at newegg, albeit 4g ones, so basically it is the same $10/mh as with almost everything else, but i would probably appreciate less heat from 6 cards.
  • Varun916Varun916 Member Posts: 24
    @MrYukonC - was hoping to get a bit more out of them, but I guess that's about the best I can expect. I do like how power efficient they are though. Looking at ethpool now after 15 hrs or so, ethpool's reporting that the avg hashrate's dropped to around 83 - it fluctuates between 75 & 100. Will hopefully have better results with the -updates drivers. I'm running ethernet over power - I wonder if there's a latency issue there.

@Biodom I bought them for 154 on amazon. They say $10 rebate on top of that, but it looks like that's only applicable to one card.

For overclocking you want to use amdconfig/aticonfig(I think they're the same?)

http://superuser.com/questions/707648/linux-how-to-overclock-ati-radeon-gpu-sapphire-r9-270
    To get it to persist across boots:
    http://superuser.com/questions/707648/linux-how-to-overclock-ati-radeon-gpu-sapphire-r9-270

although my oc settings still don't persist even after running --odcc, not sure what's going on there yet.

I had to do this as well, to get amdconfig to detect all of my adapters:
    http://askubuntu.com/questions/710226/error-get-temperature-failed-for-adapter-1
  • BiodomBiodom Member Posts: 693 ✭✭✭
    @Varun916
    Fantastic, thanks
    The last one, though, i thought that --initial will screw up fgrlx drivers. Not sure if this is correct.
    Someone with more experience might comment.
    It did not relate to you since you were on AMD drivers, though, so this might explain why it worked.
    he he-I was seeing temp only on one card (0) and was afraid to do something about it.
  • 5w00p5w00p Member Posts: 7
    You people claiming Benchmark mode hashrates are effin' adorable. Does your mommy know you're playing crypto miner today?
  • DPS50DPS50 Member Posts: 79
    viitman said:

Gigabyte R9 380 4GB / Win10 / Driver Crimson 15.12
    Clock 1150 / 1550
    20 Mhash

Dwarfpool settings:
    ethminer -G --opencl-device 1 -t 1 --farm-recheck 400 -F http://0.0.0.0:0000/worker --cl-local-work 256 --cl-global-work 16384

what does this help for ?
  • eddy4eddy4 Member Posts: 30
    trotol said:

just modification of miner/catalyst/bat-file.
    Do you mean a flashing the bios? Of course, the cards are flashed with stilt bios.

@trotol Do have a working link to stilt bios versions? I've bought a used ASUS 7970 DirectCU II Top and the gpu doesn't clock above 501 MHz and gets really hot.
  • o0ragman0oo0ragman0o Member, Moderator Posts: 1,291 mod
    edited March 2016
    5w00p said:

You people claiming Benchmark mode hashrates are effin' adorable. Does your mommy know you're playing crypto miner today?

@5w00p ??? This is the benchmark thread.
  • 5w00p5w00p Member Posts: 7
    Benchmarks are useless. Actual hashrates when mining on the actual network are actually useful.
  • dachrlsdachrls GermanyMember Posts: 17
    edited March 2016
    Asus R9 280 Direct CU II Top:
    - undervolted to 1100mV
    - overclocked to 1100,1450
    - new Fan Profile
    - silent Operation @21,5MH/s

Asus R9 280 Strix OC Edition:
    - undervolted to 1100mV
    - overclocked to 1100,1450
    - new Fan Profile
    - silent Operation @21,5MH/s

These are no Benchmark Scores. Real average Hash Rates on XUbuntu 15.10 using eth-Proxy / ethminer against etherpool while using ethminer with default Options "ethminer -G -F http://127.0.0.1:8080/". GPU BIOS saved and flashed with atiflash using a USB MS-DOS Stick and edited with VBE7.