GPU Mining is out, come and let us know of your bench scores!

Comments

• Marvell9Marvell9 Member Posts: 593 ✭✭✭
    nah I tried even the very tiny OC 1.2v and they still crashed I think I just have some shitty cards I bought them brand new too
    tin UV I mean not OC
    i tried lower clocks of 950 and 970 even
  • happytreefriendshappytreefriends Member Posts: 537 ✭✭✭
    If they are off eslay, beware, I've heard of scammers sending out wrongly tagged cards pretending to be something else. Like 280s as 280x's and same with 3xx series GPU's.
    nah i bought them a few back in october brand new off newegg before the ran out. back then you could get a 280x for $209.99 with a rebate so i bought 18 of them. I would love to be able to downvolt them though they are power hungry monsters hashing at only 22.4 mhs and consuming 180-200 watts each.

When i first got them they hashed at 25mhs which is why I still suspect any 2GB card is a risky buy right now. all the 7950s, 280s and 280x cards I have slowly go down in hash rate month after month as the DAG increase but the 4GB cards I have the 380x, and 8GB 390s are steady at 19-20mhs and 28.5 mhs stock.

The problem with the 380x cards is the consume around 180wats as well and my stock 390s are at close to 260 watts.

I think im going to NVidia cards for the long term. I have expensive power so makes sense for me maybe less hash less power use.
    When i buy off Ebay i buy mostly only buy brand new cards unless its a 7950 or older card.
    On amazon i bought some used 970s to my huge regret never again.
  • MurzMurz Member Posts: 18
    edited March 2016
    @Marvell9

I used atiflash and VBE7, there is a good guide for this method here: http://www.cryptobadger.com/2013/10/undervolting-in-linux-via-modified-bios/
    *edit* This guide is a little old and suggests using hpflash and win98 boot to create the MS DOS bootable flash drive... You can just use Rufus instead, much easier. Once booted, type atiflash in the DOS prompt to run the program.

I could probably go lower than 1.081 but my power is pretty cheap as is and I value stability and time over pushing the limit. Some brands don't respond too well to tinkering with the bios, I've been mining for over 2 years and I only use Sapphire cards now, I bricked an old XFX trying to undervolt it years ago... so be careful and always save copies of your stock bios!
    edited March 2016
    Marvel, The PC I am typing this on is an i5-4460 with 16GB of ram, watercooled rig with 3 extra fans in an asrock Formula1 Mobo(high-end desktop case). It uses 145watts by itself. It is running 2x undervolted but stock clock-ed XFX R9-390 (non x), and total draw is 515watts at the wall. I'm using an EVGA 1000 G2 Power supply.

System is hashing at 57MH+- consistently and I use the rig to do work and everyday stuff. It has not been shut down or rebooted in about 4 days and is rock solid.

So the GPU's only use 370watts total at the wall. About 185watts.
    I'm running stock settings on the GPU's but with a 100(max)mv undervolt.

Not sure why your GPU's use soo much more juice.
  • cidmocidmo Member Posts: 446 ✭✭✭
    so ive been mining eth for awhile just recently moved to linux (not really much of a difference in hash rate, kinda just a preference at this point)
    im using mint with cinnamon, i do like cinnamon was kde before but stuff broke too easily
    but when using multiple cards cinnamon crashes if i want to use amdconfig to control fans on each card
    basically using this to config xorg
    amdconfig --initial -f --adapter=all
    but cinnamon crashes upon startup unless i activate xinerama but then i cant control fans or core/mem timings with amdconfig
    anyone have a similar issue and know how to fix?
    to get either xrandr to assign the adapters to DISPLAY or something? so cinnamon starts right and display manager can control them
    or disable xrandr in a way that doesnt break cinnamon or xorg to allow amdconfig to start the other adapters as DISPLAY

1 other question has anyone noticed actual changes in eth per day from changing local/global work settings?
    4096 and 128 are default, basically 2x or .5x are the increments i shoot for
    sure u start to see a swing in ur hash rate if u change it but...
    never really noticed any actual increase or decrease in eth per day
    even going based on this calc http://badmofo.github.io/ethereum-mining-calculator/
    which may not be very accurate but is when i enter in what ethminer shows me on default settings
    any change to the settings doesnt effect eth per day one bit
    hope im wrong and someone noticed more and has some magical settings for their card they wanna share
    New.

XFX R9-390X (DD edition) - 31MH/s stock
    Overclocked to 1150/1600 -32.5MH
  • CudaCuda Member Posts: 2
    Brand new sapphire 380X scores!

Stock: Exactly 20mh/s
    OC: ???? Geting about the same at any clock.

Anyone here with a 380x getting more than 20hm/s?
    How?
  • shumushushumushu Member Posts: 3
    Anyone know R9 390 cards work well with linux ubuntu? I've heard driver issues?
  • echo55echo55 Member Posts: 3
    Lol its not normal :D i have 2x R9 280x Gaigabyte.

Without any oc i have 1100/1600 mHz and mining 42-43 on pool.

Whene i overclocked 950/1500 mHZ i mining 43-43,5.

its weard...
    shumushu said:

Anyone know R9 390 cards work well with linux ubuntu? I've heard driver issues?

Ubuntu 15.4 did not detect my 390s so I used Windows 10
  • diluxdilux Member Posts: 22
    edited March 2016
    1) does it matter how much ram you give the system itself?
    i want to run a ubuntu 14 rig with 4 x R9 380's 4GB.

is 2GB system ram sufficient?.

2) whats better to overclock on the videocard, the gpu or the memory ?

Post edited by dilux on
    Let's keep this for Scores reports, and please take Off topic to new threads (Or the MANY already active with the same questions).
  • cvekscveks Member Posts: 62
    Is there any difference in performance between R9 380 2 GB and R9 380 4 GB ? Will R9 380 2 GB will be enough in long term ?
  • Phoenix00Phoenix00 Member Posts: 61
    @cveks I thing dag file will grow up fastly, as fast as grow ethereum mining and profitability. Mining here in Italy was a dream until ethereum was born.
  • cvekscveks Member Posts: 62
    edited March 2016
    Phoenix00 said:

@cveks I thing dag file will grow up fastly, as fast as grow ethereum mining and profitability. Mining here in Italy was a dream until ethereum was born.

so you think that soon once dag file grows over 2 GB size it will be impossible to mine with 2 GB cards?

When do you expect this to happen?

Also as I can see now DAG file is divided into chunks each having 1 GB size ?
  • LogicaluserLogicaluser Member Posts: 214 ✭✭
    edited March 2016
    Most recent rig, three Hynix memory MSI 280X on a 850w gold PSU
    Initial tweaking has it at 67MH using 642w at the wall, 1050/1500mhz and -20 to -40mV undervolt per card
    using salvaged 2009 Dell mobo with i3, 4GB RAM, win 7 x64
  • ScololScolol Member Posts: 62
    Hey guys.

I'm considering buying R7 370's (4 or 5... idk yet)

Do I need them to be 2go or 4go ? Does it matter ?

What motherboard and CPU do you advise ?

ty guys
    Right now it does not matter, but you should read the numerous threads regarding the same question.
    This thread should be for Hash rate reporting only.
  • ScololScolol Member Posts: 62
    Sorry, no problem :) Thanks for answering my question, tho.
    No sweat. Welcome to the fray. Lots to read and learn about GPU mining with ETH, sit back and get a drink while you do it.

On that note Tested an XFX R7-360 (Basic model, non DD)
    9.9MH
    Asus R7-240 2GB - 4.7MH
  • crsminercrsminer Member Posts: 75
    edited March 2016
    Scolol said:

Hey guys.

I'm considering buying R7 370's (4 or 5... idk yet)

Do I need them to be 2go or 4go ? Does it matter ?

What motherboard and CPU do you advise ?

ty guys

R7 370 2GB - 15Mh/s

• VaudreuilVaudreuil Member Posts: 15
    Amph said:

someone has tried the 980ti on eth, what is the hash?

The 980ti is probably the worst bang-for-the-buck out there.

I'm currently running 3 rigs:
    1- 2x Asus Strix 970s - average about 32 Mhs (according to Dwarfpool)

2- 1 EVGA 980 Classified +
    1 Asus Strix 980ti - together average 37/38 Mhs

3- 2x Gigabyte 970s - average about 32 Mhs.

But when I split the 980s I get
    980 Classified - 20 Mhs
    980ti - 17 Mhs

So the 980 ti is only marginally better than a 970.

Of course this is only when mining - point the 980s at Hashcat and it's a very different story. B)
  • t0mit0mi AustriaMember Posts: 12
    Hey guys, is there any problem mixing different cards?

My main pc have a 980ti, can i use it with a r9 390?

Next q: is there any problem having multiple 280x from different manufacturers (like asus+msi+sapphire+gigabyte) because i can get cheap used 280x

Thx
  • CigniumCignium Member Posts: 1
    Amph said:

Vaudreuil said:

Amph said:

The 980ti is probably the worst bang-for-the-buck out there.

I'm currently running 3 rigs:
    1- 2x Asus Strix 970s - average about 32 Mhs (according to Dwarfpool)

2- 1 EVGA 980 Classified +
    1 Asus Strix 980ti - together average 37/38 Mhs

3- 2x Gigabyte 970s - average about 32 Mhs.

But when I split the 980s I get
    980 Classified - 20 Mhs
    980ti - 17 Mhs

So the 980 ti is only marginally better than a 970.

Of course this is only when mining - point the 980s at Hashcat and it's a very different story. B)
    I'm mining on GTX 980Ti reference. Getting 23-24 MH/s.