Creating a transaction and then having a contract send it

JasperJasper Eindhoven, the NetherlandsMember Posts: 514 ✭✭✭
It is tempting to write GUIs that look at contract state and create transactions for them. However, what if you instead want a contract send that message to it. For instance:
  • It is a wallet-contract, that has features like supporting two-factor authentication.
  • The message will be send from a DAO, but will be voted upon first.
How do we do this that is as easy and transparant to users as possible?

I think instead of making that transaction, the GUI allows you to create the message of that transaction, and has a function to display message, when you encounter it. A contract that contains whole messages should be able to link/create a display of the message contained. The message of that transaction can then automatically be put into the message data. I.e. [recipient, gas, value, ...message data without indirection...] Contract that take whole messages as arguments can also take the message as argument.

If you have a mapping contract(recipient) → gui's for displaying messages, you might be able to display them, or create the messages and then import them. (Although something like loading external javascripts sound like potential privacy/security concerns) One possibility is contracts listing a public key that signs the checksum of a page. The browser can check if the page is signed by that public key. So the guy controlling that aspect of the contract can "vet" interfaces to creating messages for it.

Comments

• miastephensmiastephens Member Posts: 2
    Jasper, your comments are really detailed and informative. Have you developed a contract similar to the one described above using Java? If so, would you be willing to share some resources so I could started with a similar program? I only know Java at this point--will move (happily) to Python/Serpent soon. Thanks--