12.6GH/s Ether Mining Farm

2»

Comments

• Ericjh801Ericjh801 Utah, USAMember Posts: 371 ✭✭✭
    You can run windows with 12 cards now also. Probably just a logistics thing with his setup. Looks amazing though. Wish I could get cards at a decent price to expand my setup.
  • HashKingHashKing Member Posts: 13
    I will be running SimpleOS for all the rigs - due to the dashboard features and stability of linux. I was not able to get motherboards that run more than 6 cards due to low supply. Plus my racks can only safely fit 18 cards across anyways.
    Yeah running 6's is a little more overhead because of the extra mobo's/etc you need but the setup looks awesome. How many GPU's do you currently have online?
    @Ericjh801 38 rigs online right now. Building the rest of them. I went with 6 gpu's so I dont have to use two PSU's per rig - We can dual mine with the one PSU as I have undervolted the cards.
    That is insane! Congrats man that looks awesome. How many GPU's online?
  • jetpackjetpack Member Posts: 88
  • cidmocidmo Member Posts: 446 ✭✭✭
    lol enjoy dealing with the downtime
  • asusrigasusrig Member Posts: 141
    edited February 2018
    Crazy but are those cards not spaced too close together? Those racks can't be that expensive. Why not have two motherboards per level and space out the cards more. Curious to see the temps on these. I guess you can blast them with some fans head on to drive out the heat.
  • mdaybowlsmdaybowls Member Posts: 1
    Is this farm still up and running? How is it doing now that prices have significantly since this thread started?
    edited November 2018
    mdaybowls said:

Is this farm still up and running? How is it doing now that prices have significantly since this thread started?

I would like to know as well. I am mining with all my rigs again. Took a break a few weeks in the summer when it was hot. Now the rigs are heating the house and we don't have the furnace on. Also noticing a little increase in shares and ETH payout. So I am going to keep mining for the foreseeable future. Have not converted any mined ETH to dollars either and diversified into other coins with the mined ETH.
    Mind sharing what other coins you've diversified into?

Are you going to follow the current tax law on this? or just play it by ear in the future?
    asusrig said:

mdaybowls said:

I would like to know as well. I am mining with all my rigs again. Took a break a few weeks in the summer when it was hot. Now the rigs are heating the house and we don't have the furnace on. Also noticing a little increase in shares and ETH payout. So I am going to keep mining for the foreseeable future. Have not converted any mined ETH to dollars either and diversified into other coins with the mined ETH.
    Ericjh801 said:

Mind sharing what other coins you've diversified into?

Are you going to follow the current tax law on this? or just play it by ear in the future?

asusrig said:

mdaybowls said:

Most of the top 50 altcoins. I have:

ETH
    XRP
    EOS
    NEO
    ADA
    IOTA
    XVG
    BNB
    XLM
    STEEM
    TRX
    ZCASH
    XEM
    STEEM
    SIACOIN

There are a few more, I thought I'd spread the risk out a bit.

I don't currently have LTC, BTC, BCH, XMR, DASH etc. Well I have very tiny amounts of LTC and BTC from various transactions made but these amount to a few dollars.

I have not planned out 100% how I will deal with taxes. At this point it is a loss if anything was converted to dollars. I spoke with our accountant and he said he does not really know how to deal with cryptos and the government is not sure either. A simplified approach would be to just do capital gains / losses when converting to USD on Coinbase. I know you mentioned using bitcoin.tax to track mining etc. What about trading on Binance? It would get so complicated keeping track of it all.

All I know is at current prices there is going to be zero money owed to the IRS - it is a loss. Only if you got into this 2-3 years ago would profits be on the books. I am losing money with hardware purchases , electrical expenses and cash crypto purchases that were made. The prices have to go up otherwise this is a failed experiment from my point of view.
    bitcoin.tax does import data from a lot of sites. I've decided i'm not going to claim ANYTHING until I actually sell/convert to USD. That's not technically the right way but it's a huge loss with mining so I don't want to deal with it right now. :)