6 x RX 580 8 gb mining rig starts out at 28.5 Mh/s but then suddenly all cards drop to 20 Mh/s each

noobcryptominernoobcryptominer Member Posts: 2
Noob here! I have just started building my first mining rig. I was able to flash all of the BIOS on my 3 RX 580 8 Gb GPU's, but after 10-15 minutes, the hashrate drops from 28.5 Mh/s down to 20 Mh/s per card. After awhile, it will go back to 28.5 Mh/s and hold steady, but then drop again.

Could this be cpu throttling, temp throttling, or unstable vbios???

GPU's = 6 x AMD RX 580 GTR 8GB OC+ from Best Buy PSU = 1000 W and 650 W CPU = Intel Celeron G3930 7th Gen mobo = Biostar TB-250 BTC 4 Gb DDR4 Ram 60 Gb SSD

Comments

• HarisRgHarisRg Member Posts: 8
    I am not a pro by any means but I faced the same problem while I was messing around with my 2 rigs.
    It could be different things causing this to happen.
    - I have a mobo with 6 slots but it only runs stable with up to 5. I don't know about your mobo, it may not be it.
    - Unstable vbios, I tried making my own but it wouldn't work for more than 2 hours, I found one on anorak.tech and it has been running stable for >3 months now.
    - Play around with globalcore and globalmem variables in your config file. I found that 1180 for globalcore and 2150 for globalmem is my sweet spot for my cards running @ 28,6 mh/s.

I have 6 rx 580's 8gb Pulse and 4 rx 580's 8gb Nitro+ Special edition. I know I can push them ~30 but I don't have the time and will to do so, I'm fine with them.
  • noobcryptominernoobcryptominer Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for the response!

I currently have the same card with the same BIOS on my main computer and its mining stable at the 25.8 Mh/s mark.

Do i need to mess with the mem clock values on my 6 card rig even though i didn't have to on my single card?

Also, I have ordered a singe 1300W PSU to hopefully try and rule out any power source issues. Should be here tomorrow.