Whenever I connect specific GPU, the windows won't boot

MinerNoobMinerNoob Member Posts: 2
Hello,

I have 6 Asus RX 580 with Z270-P motherboard, that I bought last week ! they were working fine.

But the rig stopped working , now i found whenever i connect specific GPU the windows won't boot . but when i connect the other 5 it works normally .

I tried uninstalling the drivers and reset the GPU Bios to the original , but still didn't work . the computer freezes on startup .

I have tried to change the riser in case it's causing the problem , but I still the same issue .

What can I do ? if I return it to the supplier will the warranty still works ? or I voided the warranty when i modded the BIOS ?

Thanks

Comments

• rmhrmh Member Posts: 410 ✭✭✭
    Experiment with the faulty card in another mobo, to have a normal use case error for warranty. If you go to the supplier with the story of sixth gpu, they will know about mining and will try to avoid your warranty with referring to mining.
    Anyway if the card works alone, it's not a warranty issue at all.
  • MinerNoobMinerNoob Member Posts: 2
    edited January 2018
    rmh said:

Experiment with the faulty card in another mobo, to have a normal use case error for warranty. If you go to the supplier with the story of sixth gpu, they will know about mining and will try to avoid your warranty with referring to mining.
    Anyway if the card works alone, it's not a warranty issue at all.

I'm leaving the option of sending it for warranty for last ! If i can fix it my self would be better.

How can I check if the card works ? I can't boot in windows if the video driver is installed (while this gpu is connected )
  • rmhrmh Member Posts: 410 ✭✭✭
    In another motherboard with only that card. That's why I told you to experiment.
    If no bios post screen, then you can say, card isn''t working, but windows won't boot is not necessary broken card.
  • glenn_txglenn_tx Member Posts: 67
    edited January 2018
    Try resetting your motherboard BIOS. Like others said, try other machines. I've had cards that I was sure were dead. I decide to try it in another machine a month later and it works flawlessly. Go figure.
  • SaphSaph Member Posts: 72
    Did you flash the motherboard BIOS at all recently? I've the same and if I use F8a nothing boots, F7 works for me.