Linux Virtual Machine for running the Ethereum client Alethzero

2»

Comments

• alexey_petrenkoalexey_petrenko RussiaMember Posts: 28
    I see this error:
    /home/alexey/ethereum/cpp-ethereum/libethereum/Client.cpp: In member function ‘virtual dev::eth::LogEntries dev::eth::Client::logs(const dev::eth::LogFilter&) const’:
    /home/alexey/ethereum/cpp-ethereum/libethereum/Client.cpp:630:10: error: ‘total’ was not declared in this scope
    if (!total)
    ^
    /home/alexey/ethereum/cpp-ethereum/libethereum/Client.cpp:631:6: error: ‘falsePos’ was not declared in this scope
    falsePos++;
    ^
    /home/alexey/ethereum/cpp-ethereum/libethereum/Client.cpp:634:4: error: ‘skipped’ was not declared in this scope
    skipped++;
    ^
    make[2]: *** [libethereum/CMakeFiles/ethereum.dir/Client.cpp.o] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [libethereum/CMakeFiles/ethereum.dir/all] Error 2
    make: *** [all] Error 2

What am I doing wrong?
  • BitcoinzieBitcoinzie Member Posts: 73 ✭✭
    edited January 2015

I see this error:
    /home/alexey/ethereum/cpp-ethereum/libethereum/Client.cpp: In member function ‘virtual dev::eth::LogEntries dev::eth::Client::logs(const dev::eth::LogFilter&) const’:
    /home/alexey/ethereum/cpp-ethereum/libethereum/Client.cpp:630:10: error: ‘total’ was not declared in this scope
    if (!total)
    ^
    /home/alexey/ethereum/cpp-ethereum/libethereum/Client.cpp:631:6: error: ‘falsePos’ was not declared in this scope
    falsePos++;
    ^
    /home/alexey/ethereum/cpp-ethereum/libethereum/Client.cpp:634:4: error: ‘skipped’ was not declared in this scope
    skipped++;
    ^

What am I doing wrong?

Try following the instructions here. That torrent vm I think is outdated. https://github.com/ethereum/cpp-ethereum/wiki/Installing-clients#installing-cpp-ethereum-on-ubuntu-1404-64-bit
  • alexey_petrenkoalexey_petrenko RussiaMember Posts: 28

I see this error:
    if (!total)
    ^
    falsePos++;
    ^
    skipped++;
    ^

What am I doing wrong?

Try following the instructions here. That torrent vm I think is outdated. https://github.com/ethereum/cpp-ethereum/wiki/Installing-clients#installing-cpp-ethereum-on-ubuntu-1404-64-bit
    Thanks, started from scratch with these instructions and it helped.
  • Forecast_CloudyForecast_Cloudy Member Posts: 5
    Hey all, I chose the manual install option on Ubuntu and everything went well until the final build command:

/home/ether/cpp-ethereum/build# cmake .. -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release && make

I get the error:

--Could NOT find json_rpc_cpp (missing: JSON_RPC_CPP_COMMON_LIBRARY JSON_RPC_CPP_SERVER_LIBRARY JSON_RPC_CPP_CLIENT_LIBRARY JSON_RPC_CPP_INCLUDE_DIR

I make sure I installed libjson0 and libjson0-dev.

Anyone know what I am missing? Thanks!
  • OmkaraOmkara Member Posts: 2
    Is the VM torrent still available ? I am unable to get the magnet working. If some one is seeding it please add some more open tracker. Thank you.
  • mowlivmowliv Member Posts: 1
    Tried to do this:

sudo apt-get install build-essential g++-4.8 git cmake libgmp-dev \ libboost-all-dev automake unzip libtool libleveldb-dev yasm libminiupnpc-dev \ libreadline-dev scons libncurses5-dev qtbase5-dev qt5-default qtdeclarative5-dev \ libqt5webkit5-dev \ libcurl4-openssl-dev libjsoncpp-dev libargtable2-dev libboost-test-dev cmake

But got these errors.

E: Unable to locate package libboost-all-dev
    E: Unable to locate package libreadline-dev
    E: Unable to locate package libqt5webkit5-dev
    E: Unable to locate package libcurl4-openssl-dev

Had to remove the backslashes that were in the copy/pasted text to get rid of the problem.