AMD Driver : 17.11.4 on MS Windows Build 1709

lablettlablett Member Posts: 333 ✭✭
Starting a new thread and I have just 580's
  • Install was better than previous and switching between graphics and compute mode worked.
  • Windows performance/responsiveness has been fixed
  • Hash rate is good
  • Claymore can set voltage, memory,etc.

Comments

• agent412agent412 Member, Moderator Posts: 293 mod
    Does afterburner work with this driver?
  • smugsmug Member Posts: 2
    How many GPU's did you manage to run with this setup?
  • lablettlablett Member Posts: 333 ✭✭
    I have not tried afterburner as I'm using Claymore and that sets the custom settings fine. My rigs have been squeezed into a Fractal XL2 case now so there are just 5 cards on each rig.
  • headshot155headshot155 Member Posts: 158 ✭✭
    Just tried 17.11.4 on 1709 and it doesn’t work for me, claymore 10.1 just crashed on start up with my rx480s. Is there any set procedure to get the latest drivers to work? I had already adjusted for compute mode..
  • cidmocidmo Member Posts: 446 ✭✭✭
    edited December 2017
    ive been having overall stability issues with settings ive been using for over a year on some cards
    ever since the 17.11.x drivers started
    afterburner worked on my new PC 570s i just installed with 17.11.4, thats the only system i have afterburner on tho
  • kentankentan Member Posts: 85
    How many gpus do you have? Latest AB doesn't work with 12 cards.
  • bluspiritbluspirit Member Posts: 18

Just tried 17.11.4 on 1709 and it doesn’t work for me, claymore 10.1 just crashed on start up with my rx480s. Is there any set procedure to get the latest drivers to work? I had already adjusted for compute mode..

Have you tried with v10.0 or v10.2?
    bluspirit said:

Yes tried with both 10 & 10.2 and no luck, I’ve got 7 gpus. Baffled as it’s works well with the block chain compute drivers.
  • bluspiritbluspirit Member Posts: 18
    edited December 2017

bluspirit said:

Yes tried with both 10 & 10.2 and no luck, I’ve got 7 gpus. Baffled as it’s works well with the block chain compute drivers.
    Did you have installed atikmdag-patcher or tried miner command without oc / fan settings?
    bluspirit said:

bluspirit said:

Did you have installed atikmdag-patcher or tried miner command without oc / fan settings?

Yes tried with and without the patcher. Kind of defeats the objective if I can’t overclock the memory through claymore
  • LPideLPide Member Posts: 17
    What's the max GPU anyone has successfully used with 17.11.4?
  • kentankentan Member Posts: 85
    edited December 2017
    I've done 13 but its a pain to overclock/undervolt. Won't recommend it until there's a reliable OC'ing tool available.