ASUS 250 Mining Expert Motherboard issues

2»

Comments

• cjclm7cjclm7 Member Posts: 77
    totti10it said:

cjclm7 said:

Update: I have the 12 NVIDIA GPU running smoothly in the motherboard, no issues on Linux

Now I am learning how to do overclock

can you please give me some useful links to teach overclocking
    all i found just shit
    no exact material to learn just general talk
    I am in the same situation, still did not manage to oc the NVIDIA 1060 on Linux. I think the tools to use are:
    nvidia-smi, nvidia-settings, nvidia-xconfig, coolbits, etc, but fact is I still do not know how to use these tools. If you find an useful link I also would appreciate.
  • AndriuzzAndriuzz Member Posts: 10
    Hi to all, have an issue. I can add more GPU's to Asus B250 19card mother board than 13 NVIDIA GTX 1070. on the 14th it stops. I have read that I must mix cards is it true? can I in addition to my 13 GTX 1070 add other video cards and which better? Thank in advance
  • nstudionstudio Member Posts: 7
    Andriuzz said:

Hi to all, have an issue. I can add more GPU's to Asus B250 19card mother board than 13 NVIDIA GTX 1070. on the 14th it stops. I have read that I must mix cards is it true? can I in addition to my 13 GTX 1070 add other video cards and which better? Thank in advance

I have same problem, a looking how to fix. If i good understood you mast have P10* new graphic cards

https://www.asus.com/uk/support/FAQ/1034921

If some body found a way please share.

Thank you,
  • superbogelsuperbogel Member Posts: 2
    hi, I have some problems my windows 10 creator 64bit do not want to run 10x1060 at all and its always having code 43 error, and I tried reinstalling the windows, and tried installing the drivers but it just went hung on me.

I am using 16GB DDR4 memory with asus b250 mining expert, the funny thing, the rig runs 10cards x1060 with no problems, but once I switch to a new cards of 1060 (different brand) it just went AWOL and been reinstalling windows for 5th time now and still the nvidia drivers cock up, hang and does not want to install.

installing 376 (fail) 390 (fail)

any clue?
    Hy to all

to #nstudio, I have tried to connect 6xP104 and 1 P106 and they are not working together . every several min rig crashes with no reason. for the moment I do not have more P104 to test it

to #superbogel, once I started rig with 14xGTX 1070 8GB and it was running for a day. But Than I had to move my equipment to diff.place and since then I cant run more than 8. So I conclude 8 video cards are the max amount to run rig without interruptions.

If someone will find solution let me know
    BR

hi, I have some problems my windows 10 creator 64bit do not want to run 10x1060 at all and its always having code 43 error, and I tried reinstalling the windows, and tried installing the drivers but it just went hung on me.

(...)

any clue?

If I am not wrong Windows still does not allow more than 8 GPUs of same origin (8 AMD or 8 NVIDIA or 8 AMD + 8 NVIDIA)...

On Linux there is no limit
    On Claymore limit is 32 GPUs (never tried)

• maxshah912maxshah912 Member Posts: 15
    cjclm7 said:

(...)

any clue?

If I am not wrong Windows still does not allow more than 8 GPUs of same origin (8 AMD or 8 NVIDIA or 8 AMD + 8 NVIDIA)...

I am using 9 GPu AMD Rig on B250 mining export no problem here on windows 10
    Hello again,

I have tried Windows 8, 10, Linux mint, other mining software dedicated for mining only, no more than 8.

BR
    once I managed to put 14 GTX 1070 but it was crashing every several minutes.
  • asusrigasusrig Member Posts: 141
    Andriuzz said:

once I managed to put 14 GTX 1070 but it was crashing every several minutes.

You can only have a maximum of 13 conventional AMD and NVIDIA cards installed with the Mining Expert Board at the moment. To get 19 you have to add P106 Mining Cards. Not sure if Asus will remove this limitation with a BIOS update.

I have three rigs maxed out with 13 cards at the moment. 7 x 1070 ti and 6 x RX580 cards. I tried booting the board with 7 x 1070 ti and 8 x RX580 cards and it would not recognize all the cards.

We also have these Mining Expert boards in four other rigs and they work fine.

Main complaint with the board is they should have provided more holes at the end of the board to support with standoffs. Plugging the PSU 24 pin cables into the board is a bitch and it feels like you could break it if you're not careful. You have to support the end of the board with your hand as you plug in the power cable. Removing the 24 pin cable is just as hard. Once they are in they are not coming out easily lol!

I have small speakers plugged into each board because I like to hear beep tones.

Two boards would not turn on at first and the reason was the 24 pin power cables were not making a good connection even though it looked like they were all in. You have to double check that and make sure they are in properly.
    OK I will try. Which producer are your RX580 Radeon?

cjclm7 said:

(...)

any clue?

I must say I am really surprised you manage to connect and mine more than 8 AMD GPUs on Windows 10.

Anyone else confirms there is no more limit?
    What is maximum AMD (or NVIDIA) gpus you manage to mine stable on Windows 10?
    I mine with 8 GPUs 1070 Nvidia its stable.will try to connect more later to see.
  • maxshah912maxshah912 Member Posts: 15
    edited February 2018

Got to use latest AMD driver and you can use up to 12 AMD cards and plus 6 NVDIA I think
    cjclm7 said:

cjclm7 said:

(...)

any clue?

I must say I am really surprised you manage to connect and mine more than 8 AMD GPUs on Windows 10.

Anyone else confirms there is no more limit?
    What is maximum AMD (or NVIDIA) gpus you manage to mine stable on Windows 10?

Hello to all. Have question. Maybe someone knows closed forums and have access to them to imvet, where discussing which cryptocurrency to mine fot the day or so? Appresiat help.
  • aminlvaminlv Member Posts: 7
    well got weird issue, with 3 Nvidia my B250 mining expert work perfectly, as soon adding new card it didn't post at all!
    i checked everything then reset bios it shows 4 GPU then noticed whenever i activate CSM to uefi/legacy mode it stop working,
    wondering if there is any workaround this issue or not

thank you for your help in advance
  • sucros3sucros3 Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2018
    Did you ever figure out the problem with the RAM? I've tried two b250 boards now. And both will only work with one Corsair 3200MHZ in slot A. The RAM is even the exact model number specified on the approved memory list from Asus. Model Number:CMU16GX4M2C3200C16 . You stated that you sent the board in for diagnostics and received a refund. Did you end up using a different board? ...Still working on my mining rig.