I was thinking to have business-to-business contract where the participants need to a way to 1) identify themselves somehow and then 2) somehow exchange private keys.
Maybe in the future this is solved by Whisper (probably not information on it not yet available...?), but for the now what could be ways to achieve this?
Is something like this doable:
- Party A sends an encryption key, without decryption key, cannot be normal private-key, to contract
- Party B sends an encryption key
- Party A encrypts the secret for Party B using B's encryption key from the contract
- Party A stores the encrypted secret in the contract
- Party B does the same
- Party A decrypts the encrypted secret, stored by B, from the contract using their decryption key
Does Ethereum have something akin Bitcoin "Sign message" so you could simply use public Ethereum addresses as identity?