I'm having some issues getting my motherboard to read my graphics card(s).
- motherboard: MSI z170a SLI plus
- graphics cards: MSI Nvidia 1070 gaming
- power supply: corsair 1000w
So far, I:
- Booted up and installed Windows 10. Success.
- Added one graphics card to the setup. Success.
- Downloaded the Nvidia drivers linked to here: https://www.reddit.com/r/EtherMining/wiki/software/apps/windows Success.
- Mined from one graphics card. Success.
- Powered down the rig, added 3x more graphics cards (all the same).
- Reboot. Failure! I get the bios screen and an endless BIOS loader. FAIL
- Remove 3x cards, and boom, still getting endless BIOS loader. FAIL
- Unplug monitor and graphics card, plug monitor into integrated graphics. Success (starts up again).
- Downloaded and installed BIOS recommended here: https://forum.z.cash/t/msi-z170-7-gpu-bios-setting-step-by-step/14473 Success.
- Restarts ok (still not plugged into GPU).
- Plug in GPU- same thing. FAIL.
- Reset the BIOS manually- same thing. FAIL.
- Updated the BIOS to 7998v1B listed here: https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/support/Z170A-SLI-PLUS.html