"There was a problem fetching you ether balance"

mk1111mk1111 Member Posts: 2
So, have purchased ether and now when the pre-sales are over I found check my balance button at the sales section.

I got an message: "There was a problem fetching you ether balance".

Should I be worried? I have secured the wallet in several locations.

Comments

• mk1111mk1111 Member Posts: 2
    Hwew, got the balance now.

"If you have already purchased ether, you can check your account balance by entering your address here:"

Meant ether address not email.
  • StephanTualStephanTual London, EnglandMember, Moderator Posts: 1,282 mod
    That's correct, the checker users your ether address, not your email address :)
  • FearNLoathingFearNLoathing Member Posts: 1
    I'm getting the same message when I check my balance
  • StephanTualStephanTual London, EnglandMember, Moderator Posts: 1,282 mod
    @FearNLoathing, you need to use your ether wallet address. As @vaX‌ indicated here, if you do not know your ether wallet address, you need to:

1. Open 'TextEdit' (on mac) or 'NotePad' (on win)
    2. Click 'File' in the navigation bar (top of screen) of whichever app you're using
    3. Select 'Open'
    4. Locate the .json file that you downloaded
    5. Open it
    6. When the file opens (in TextEdit or NotePad), press 'command + F' (mac) 'CNTRL+F' (win) to enable search (you'll be searching the contextual content of your .json file)
    7. In the 'find' field, type: ethaddr (the app will then search the .json file and highlight: ethaddr)
    8. The number in quotations, to the right of the word 'ethaddr', following ":" is your ether address.

If after all this you are still struggling, please contact [email protected]

Cheers!