Flashing BIOS of Sapphire Rx 470 NITRO (not +) 4gb - Elpida

alfredo14alfredo14 Member Posts: 36
Dear community! I have great news for you!! Finally (after hours, days, almost weeks... of suffering looking for a way to flash the Bios of this model of GPU) I got the link that will work for flashing the Bios, and the rest is just a matter of following the traditional procedures to flash a memory through ATIWinFlash. I have pair of the GPUs describe in the title of this post. I have been mining Ether with them, with no OCing they can do 22Mh/s. After OCing with Afterburner (Core Clock 1050, Mem. Clock 1920) each GPU was making 24Mh/s. After the flash, they started making 25Mh/s without OCing, and 27Mh/s OCing with the same numbers I used previously. I tried tweaking the Afterburner in order to get better results but it turned very unstable. I'm trying to find out the reason why I can't assign a higher speed to the Mem. Clock without getting a blue screen. I would like to know if the system's RAM or CPU might have something to do with this issue, but that will be my next research (unless any kind soul can explain me the reason of this hehe...)

This is the link to find not only the Bios for the Sapphire Rx 470 Nitro (not +) 4gb (elpida), but for many other GPU models aswell: https://anorak.tech/t/anoraks-vbios-collection-optimized-settings-for-performance-power-saving/13/3

You just have to sign in (if you don't have an account) for free, and then you're free to download the one you need. I used the one that says "hynix elpida memshift." but there are other options for low energy cons, and OCed. I followed the procedures in this video: and all worked just fine. I have the Crimson 16.9.1, Polaris 1.4, and ATIWinFlash 2.7.4.

Good luck and Good Flash!

If you have any other question, feel free to comment. Also your results if you try this.

Comments

• mingr3nmingr3n Member Posts: 2
    Hi Alfredo, I tried the Mod Bios with memshift, but seems like I could not program the bios into my RX470 Nitro 4G Elpida, it says cannot erase Bios. Does this error occurred to you, I have done some googling, seems like my card is running the bios file with 256kb but the Mod Bios is by Anoraks is 512kb. Any idea how to solve it?
  • alfredo14alfredo14 Member Posts: 36
    Well, I remember this one time I tried to do it with a Nitro+ BIOS (which apparently should not be a problem, but it was for me) and the ATI flash said it could not do the mod. I just kept looking for the correct img until I found Anorak. It´s weird ´cause my Elpidas are 512kb. Did you check the Polaris BIOS editor? Check your version and then check if you can see the timings of the memory in a normal way (like 1500mhz, 2000mhz, etc), 'cause mine shows some weird timings and that's why I could not do the mod on my own, but only through ATI flash.
  • hostmaghostmag Member Posts: 32
    I have nitro (non +) 470 4gb, hynix mems and the polaris editor sees weird timings, so I can not mod bios.

How did you managed to mod ?

Thank you
  • alfredo14alfredo14 Member Posts: 36
    hostmag said:

I have nitro (non +) 470 4gb, hynix mems and the polaris editor sees weird timings, so I can not mod bios.

How did you managed to mod ?

Thank you

Hi hostmag! I just used ATI flash. Downloaded the BIOS mod from Anorak and pasted it in the ATI flash. It does all the job for you. Check the video I posted at the beginning. Even though the guy is using Nitro+,the procedure is the same, the only difference is the actual BIOS document.
    When I was looking for a way to do the mod, someone told me to use a newer version on Polaris Bios Editor. I think it was 1.4.1 and I had 1.4 only. Nevertheless, I found the way to do it through ATI FLash, and it worked. My cards moved up from 22 to 25mh/s without OC... unluckily my Elpidas (supposedly to be the best ones) can´t mine more than 26/27 mh/s without eventually crashing. I tried many things with no sucess, so I just guess that´s the limit of these 2 I have. Hopefully the next GPUs I get (as soon as they come back to the market) will do better. I hope this is useful... Let me know if it worked (voluntary tips are accepted hehe.. I know there´s very little info about this GPU in particular)