BBT VLOG - Covering the RX570 this week

BitsBeTrippinBitsBeTrippin Member Posts: 60 ✭✭
10 May VLOG - Shopping out of town in DC
11 May VLOG - How do you bring home 7GPU's on a plane?

This weekend will be tackling multiple RX 570 8GB builds; working on modding and will test out 3 OS builds: Windows, EthOS, Simplemining.net's Linux build
Will try it will Dual Mining ETH and DECRED and will see what it does with ZCASH

Let us know what other type of content you want to see! How do you like the VLOG series?

Comments

• BluesunBluesun Member Posts: 18
    I'm very curious about your results -- I've spent two days trying to get 7 RX570s to work nicely under Windows 10. I'm to the point that I can mine with all 7, but at least one card will crash within 30 minutes. I only see real stability with 5. I will be trying Linux this weekend.
  • yodiyodi Member Posts: 265 ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    Bluesun said:

I'm very curious about your results -- I've spent two days trying to get 7 RX570s to work nicely under Windows 10. I'm to the point that I can mine with all 7, but at least one card will crash within 30 minutes. I only see real stability with 5. I will be trying Linux this weekend.

everycard is different , you have to downclock the one crashing

i really prefer old card rx470 & rx480 get better hash/watt , i'm sad to see newsest card can't do better , amd know they get 25% better that years cause of miners
  • BluesunBluesun Member Posts: 18
    yodi said:

Bluesun said:

everycard is different , you have to downclock the one crashing

i really prefer old card rx470 & rx480 get better hash/watt , i'm sad to see newsest card can't do better , amd know they get 25% better that years cause of miners
    The only way to get more than 5 rx570s to work under Windows 10 that I'm aware of, currently, is to hack together a driver from 17.x and 16.x AMD drivers. You are not able to overclock with these drivers, though. None of them are currently overclocked. Further, it's not the same card crashing. It's a different card every time.

This isn't my first rodeo ;-)