Mining system

GHOST seems very interesting to avoid benefits of scale economy and helps creating a p2p mining pool network. Helps in scalability and generator block time.
Dagger is also an essential innovation. Hard memory mining will permit more users to contribute, spreading out the tokens in a more balanced and equitative way.

Is developing a p2p pool miner supported by the core team of Ethereum, or otherwise are other innovations in order to create a healthier mining environment?

It will great to switch from the lucky reward of bitcoin which after the mining of a large amount of blocks creates a fair distribution to the players. To a linear distribution designed in the protocol with cpu power computation as measure.

But it is technological challenge, to have all honest miners.
Maybe changing fees or the block reward if happens that for some number of blocks it is the same pool doing it. Discouraging big pools and create a optimal pool measure of 6 or 7%. To avoid pools changing for each block their identity, their IP can be valuated. The time of a node connected and the blocks mined can be a kind of proof of stake.

Already in the Bitcoin community are discussing about the role of big pools in the future landscape.

What do you think?

Comments

• 3esmit3esmit Member Posts: 23
    Hello, first post here in Ethereum forums.
    I just had this idea, ioi.
    We could end the centralization problem creating a more profitable (no fees, etc) if we manage to make a p2p mining pool.
    I have some ideas of implementation, but they are probably wrong since I didn't digged into Ethereum tecnology, yet.