7 GPU and 6 GPU motherboards

13»

Comments

• cvethmooncvethmoon Member Posts: 24
    Having issue with the m2 ports using m2 to pcie adapters. I plug in 2 gpus into two m2 to pcie adapters but the system does not boot. I get a blue screen error "machine check exemption. Using gen1 and 4g settings.

I don't see any other settings for the m2 ports. Power is fully plugged into the m2/pcie adapters.

Motherboard is MSI Z270 SLI. 6 pcie slots and 2 M2 slots with m2/pcie adapters.

Thanks
  • midoprincemidoprince Member Posts: 198 ✭✭✭
    cvethmoon said:

Having issue with the m2 ports using m2 to pcie adapters. I plug in 2 gpus into two m2 to pcie adapters but the system does not boot. I get a blue screen error "machine check exemption. Using gen1 and 4g settings.

I don't see any other settings for the m2 ports. Power is fully plugged into the m2/pcie adapters.

Motherboard is MSI Z270 SLI. 6 pcie slots and 2 M2 slots with m2/pcie adapters.

Thanks

try disable on board vga , audio
    there is something related to the speed lanes related to pcie i think should be raised also check for M2 ports option in the bios

before all of this after connecting the M2 remove the RAMS and connect it again
    Okay thanks! I will give it a shot later today.
  • zuzuxzuzux Member Posts: 40
    MSI X370 GAMING PRO CARBON for ryzen ,,will this mbo work with 6 gpu's ?
  • iamnoobplzhelpiamnoobplzhelp Member Posts: 239 ✭✭
    Often times, the M.2 will use the same lanes as the PCIe slots, so they won't work together.
    I know the MSI Z170 SLI was this way. The M.2 did not work with a PCIe adapter AND cards in all the other spots.

It sounds like this board is the same. The only board(s) I know of that work with the M.2 is the Asus Z270-A/AR. You can get up to 8 cards in Windows and 9 in Linux.
  • midoprincemidoprince Member Posts: 198 ✭✭✭
    most of users reported not working M2 with a bad risers , try change the riser version or type

Often times, the M.2 will use the same lanes as the PCIe slots, so they won't work together.
    I know the MSI Z170 SLI was this way. The M.2 did not work with a PCIe adapter AND cards in all the other spots.

It sounds like this board is the same. The only board(s) I know of that work with the M.2 is the Asus Z270-A/AR. You can get up to 8 cards in Windows and 9 in Linux.

:( dang this does seem to be the case here. I have not emailed MSI but what you're saying seems logical and most likely the convicing case here. Shoot, okay I will just purchase that 12 PCIE BTC pro mobo. I will probably save this mobo for a dedicated 6gpu rig then.

Thanks!
  • ghapnayaghapnaya Member Posts: 26
    have any one try biostar tb250 btc for 7 gpu?
    what is the configuration for run 7 gpu?
  • eth_shiftyeth_shifty Member Posts: 52

Jawbone said:

I wonder if this would run into max speed issues with the PCI bus? This is interesting to me! I'd love to hear if anyone tries it. I might order one and try it, myself.

Anyone actually RUN a 7 GPU rig stable? Which mobo?

The MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon run 7 gpu easy stable without troubles
    Huh, I have that mobo, and oddly I cannot get rig to boot if I have both of the "steel armor" silver pcie slots occupied (slots 2 and 5). Have it running well with 6x cards (RX 570), though, skipping slot 5. Wonder if it's settings or just a bad mobo. Guess it doesn't matter much since I only have six cards, but it's pretty strange.
  • ghapnayaghapnaya Member Posts: 26
    have someone ever tried to mine with this MBO (ASUS Z97 PRO Wi Fi ac) with all PCI-E?? i mean 7 GPU were recognized and available for mining?
    ASUS Z97 PRO Wi Fi a