RX 580 Hashrate

Comments

• insaniakinsaniak Member Posts: 65
    I will be releasing my bios and rig soon. Still testing to make sure stable 980watts at wall 6 gpu and 30.8 mh/s. Will be waiting 24 more hours to make sure 48 hours no crash
  • RospyRospy Member Posts: 4

Red Devil RX580 8GB
    24.8 MH/s
    150 Watts
    Claymore miner

Edit:
    Samsung memory

hi I have Samsung memory and I mod they bios with PolarisBiosEditor and flash them with ATIWinflash
  • CaribouCaribou Member Posts: 2
    edited May 2017
    Good day to you all!

I just bought a single MSI RX 580 Gaming X 8GB. Running on Win10 and Claymore v9.3. Here's my performance before/after OC.

Out of the box :
    - clock/mem : 1380/2000
    - hash rate : ~24 Mh/s

Overclock using MSI Afterburner (did not try with Radeon's Wattman) :
    - clock/mem : 1380/2250 (max allowed)
    - hash rate : 28.05 Mh/s
    - power : 147.3 W

The overclock has run stable under load for over 24h. I have not tried reducing core clock-speed, nor have I tried to undervolt in order to reduce power consumption, but will experiment with this shortly. Power in friendly Manitoba is only metered at 0.07 $CAD/kWh at the moment (~0.05 $USD/kWh at time of writing), so I can take my dear time :smiley:
  • CaribouCaribou Member Posts: 2
    Caribou said:

Good day to you all!

I just bought a single MSI RX 580 Gaming X 8GB. Running on Win10 and Claymore v9.3. Here's my performance before/after OC.

Out of the box :

The overclock has run stable under load for over 24h. I have not tried reducing core clock-speed, nor have I tried to undervolt in order to reduce power consumption, but will experiment with this shortly. Power in friendly Manitoba is only metered at 0.07 $CAD/kWh at the moment (~0.05 $USD/kWh at time of writing), so I can take my dear time :smiley:

Update : by lowering only core clockspeed to 1250 MHz from 1380 MHz dropped power to 110 W while only lowering hash rate by ~0.5 MH/s.

• thiagotigazthiagotigaz Member Posts: 2
    Guys, does anybody has a bios for red devil rx 580 8Gb

I've put the 1:1750 to 1:2000 straps and memory to 2200, clock is original, voltage is original

My hashrate starts at 30.4 MH but fast drops to 27
  • Wolf0Wolf0 Member Posts: 329 ✭✭✭
    Caribou said:

Good day to you all!

Out of the box :

28MH/s? It does 32.5MH/s... at lower clocks...
  • regthaman88regthaman88 Member Posts: 5
    Wolf0, how in the hell are you getting 32.5 on those 8gb MSIs stable?? I'm assuming Samsung here but are you using special straps or something? im running 1500 straps upward and 1300/1955 on an Elpida variant with shit OC ability and am getting that as about as stable as can be, still only pushing 28, so obviously yours must be sammy, but any other settings i could tweak to get it higher? I have a couple 480s and 2 sammy variant MSIs same as you but even on those im getting 29/30 tops, i have never been able to keep stable over 31...
  • AkarikoAkariko Member Posts: 3
    Hi Wolf0, me again (read something from you on Reddit and we spoke for a bit on bitcointalk). I'm wondering, could you share some of your settings? I've got the MSI gaming X+ myself, with XTR chips which are supposedly better (lower voltage) and Samsung memory. But I've got bloodshot eyes from days of messing around to optimize my cards. I can finally move over 30 Mh/s now, but dual mining is pitiful compared to what others (with other cards) post - I'm mean mostly the second coin here, Decred or Sia f.e.

Anyhow, any tips are much welcome. Especially now I see how more or less every 570/580 card is sold out here, but the X+ is still available (scares the living S out of me!). I can still return em, officially, but I've been using them for more than a week now. Not sure how the retailer will react.

Lower voltages isn't a problem anymore, since undervolting in Claymore does stick (opposed to Trixx or Afterburner). I had the Uber Mix in the :2000 string, but it seems copying the :1700 to the :2000 strap is a bit more stable, not sure if I have to go back to the Uber Mix and it was just my under/overclocking which showed poor results.

Many thanks in advance!

Wolf0, how in the hell are you getting 32.5 on those 8gb MSIs stable?? I'm assuming Samsung here but are you using special straps or something? im running 1500 straps upward and 1300/1955 on an Elpida variant with shit OC ability and am getting that as about as stable as can be, still only pushing 28, so obviously yours must be sammy, but any other settings i could tweak to get it higher? I have a couple 480s and 2 sammy variant MSIs same as you but even on those im getting 29/30 tops, i have never been able to keep stable over 31...

You gotta treat it better, in the case of Samsung. 1500 timings just moved is not going to make it a happy camper; it needs to be custom tuned - not a ton, just a little. I don't have an Elpida one, so I can't comment on that, however. Funny thing, though - while you want 32.5 so much, I can have it, but don't often use it. I'm happier running her around 30.25. Why? Because then she undervolts like a champ, going down to 0.875 without a complaint, and 0.85 is stable, too. 0.825, and she'll start mining around 30.25, but eventually gets tired of that shit and stops, lol.
    Akariko said:

Hi Wolf0, me again (read something from you on Reddit and we spoke for a bit on bitcointalk). I'm wondering, could you share some of your settings? I've got the MSI gaming X+ myself, with XTR chips which are supposedly better (lower voltage) and Samsung memory. But I've got bloodshot eyes from days of messing around to optimize my cards. I can finally move over 30 Mh/s now, but dual mining is pitiful compared to what others (with other cards) post - I'm mean mostly the second coin here, Decred or Sia f.e.

Anyhow, any tips are much welcome. Especially now I see how more or less every 570/580 card is sold out here, but the X+ is still available (scares the living S out of me!). I can still return em, officially, but I've been using them for more than a week now. Not sure how the retailer will react.

Lower voltages isn't a problem anymore, since undervolting in Claymore does stick (opposed to Trixx or Afterburner). I had the Uber Mix in the :2000 string, but it seems copying the :1700 to the :2000 strap is a bit more stable, not sure if I have to go back to the Uber Mix and it was just my under/overclocking which showed poor results.

Many thanks in advance!

Undervolting sticks with Claymore? I only use Linux; try it there and you might see different results :3

I'm sorry - I don't dual mine, so I can't really help you there.
  • ouste5ouste5 Member Posts: 18
    I just ordered some Sapphire rx 580 4gb Pulse, Any tips or opinion on these cards performances or common issues? :)
  • AkarikoAkariko Member Posts: 3
    Akariko said:

Many thanks in advance!

Undervolting sticks with Claymore? I only use Linux; try it there and you might see different results :3

Indeed where Afterburner fails undervolting in Claymore the cards do listen. Dual mining went from 170 watt down to 100. Will try 0,875 like you did. See if they accept.

Even though you don't dual mine, could you share your core- and memory clock? I'll try it with the :2000 ubermix strap then (I guess you wrote your own strap, since you're quite savvy with these things, but still worth a shot). Not sure if I'll stick to dual mining either, the upside needs to be considerable to make up for the extra wattage, cards strain and 2% fee it takes.

Thank you!
  • andreas911andreas911 Member Posts: 23

I've put the 1:1750 to 1:2000 straps and memory to 2200, clock is original, voltage is original

I have same GPU and need a bios too!
    Akariko said:

Akariko said:

Many thanks in advance!

Indeed where Afterburner fails undervolting in Claymore the cards do listen. Dual mining went from 170 watt down to 100. Will try 0,875 like you did. See if they accept.

Even though you don't dual mine, could you share your core- and memory clock? I'll try it with the :2000 ubermix strap then (I guess you wrote your own strap, since you're quite savvy with these things, but still worth a shot). Not sure if I'll stick to dual mining either, the upside needs to be considerable to make up for the extra wattage, cards strain and 2% fee it takes.

Thank you!

I was on Linux when I tried 0.875, so I'm not sure it'll be the same on Windows. I think I used 1125 core.
  • klopferklopfer MarkgröningenMember Posts: 5
    edited May 2017
    ouste5 said:

I just ordered some Sapphire rx 580 4gb Pulse, Any tips or opinion on these cards performances or common issues? :)

i have the same cards but i dont find anything. If someone have any tips or performance values for bios modding. We would be thankful :-)
    It has an elpida memory

• 881488881488 Member Posts: 3
    hi guys,

which one of these would you choose?

SAPPHIRE NITRO+ RADEON RX 570 8GB GDDR5
    or
    SAPPHIRE NITRO+ RADEON RX 580 4GB GDDR5

i found them with the same price.
    thanks
  • andreas911andreas911 Member Posts: 23

I have same GPU and need a bios too!
    :)
    I have found a modded bios for powercolor red devil rx580

here: https://anorak.tech/t/powercolor-rx-580-red-devil-golden-oc/5256
  • inmortaninmortan Member Posts: 1

I got 29.9 with Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 Gaming 4G 4GB GDDR coping 1500 to 1750 and 2000 in bios.
  • Blue1984Blue1984 Member Posts: 45
    Hello its possible to undervolt the Rx570 in the bios? like the rx470? Sapphire rx570 nitro+ 8gb
    Blue1984 said:

Hello its possible to undervolt the Rx570 in the bios? like the rx470? Sapphire rx570 nitro+ 8gb

Yes, but doing this is... interesting. It's not exactly like undervolting any other NCP81022 in VBIOS, you have to pay attention and notice things that... well, just aren't right.
  • justdtnjustdtn Member Posts: 5
    Hello,

Does anyone have any experience with these cards: MSI RX 580 Gaming X 4G, whats their hashrate are they worth buying?

Thanks!
  • swissminerswissminer Member Posts: 15
    Hi guys,

Im planning on getting my first rig together.

At the moment I don't know exactly which cards I should take. RX 480 in my country is more than $ 100 more expensive than the RX 580

My watchlist:
    MSI RX 580 Gaming X 8G Price 299$
    MSI RX 580 ARMOR 8G OC Price 255$
    MSI RX 580 Gaming X 4G Price 241$
    MSI RX 570 Gaming X 4G Price 215$
    MSI RX 570 4GB ARMOR OC 190$

MSI's are the only available models in my country

Now my questions:
    Is there a performance difference between 8G & 4G versions?
    Is 4G enough? What about DAG file size for Ethereum mining?
    Gaming or ARMOR version? What is the difference?

Since I don't pay for electricity, wattage is negligible.

Thank's guys for your feedback
    Swissminer
  • ApolyonApolyon Member Posts: 9
    Hi guys, any of you have issues with MSI Armor RX 580 8G OC HYNIX memory model? With straps 2:1750 to 2:2000 and OC i got only 27,5 MH/s. When I go further and set 2:1500 to all the way to 2:2000 GPU crashes after booting Windows. Now I'm back to original bios.
  • lablettlablett Member Posts: 333 ✭✭
    SAPPHIRE NITRO+ RADEON RX 570 8GB GDDR5 - I just think 8GB may be a requirement in the future.

Hi guys,

Im planning on getting my first rig together.

At the moment I don't know exactly which cards I should take. RX 480 in my country is more than $ 100 more expensive than the RX 580

My watchlist:
    MSI RX 580 Gaming X 8G Price 299$
    MSI RX 580 ARMOR 8G OC Price 255$
    MSI RX 580 Gaming X 4G Price 241$
    MSI RX 570 Gaming X 4G Price 215$
    MSI RX 570 4GB ARMOR OC 190$

MSI's are the only available models in my country

Now my questions:
    Is there a performance difference between 8G & 4G versions?
    Is 4G enough? What about DAG file size for Ethereum mining?
    Gaming or ARMOR version? What is the difference?

Since I don't pay for electricity, wattage is negligible.

Thank's guys for your feedback
    Swissminer

Go for Gaming as better cooling. Not sure on performance but I would recommend 8G for resale longevity.

Can you please IM the store ?

• praestopraesto Member Posts: 115
    If you dont mind sharing the store with me too, that would be nice :)
    @lablett @praesto Sorry, but they only ship in switzerland :#
  • mshordjamshordja Member Posts: 70
    need one idea better to get Sapphire RX570 Nitro+ 4GB or RX580 Nitro+ 4GB?
    Both 4GB versions, the first one is 280Euros the second is 316 Euros. Who has this cards can give me an advise ?
    Thanks
  • technologytechnology Member Posts: 3
    inmortan said:

I got 29.9 with Gigabyte Radeon RX 580 Gaming 4G 4GB GDDR coping 1500 to 1750 and 2000 in bios.

Got the same settings on my 8gb version from gigabyte but can only get up to 27mh/s. Copied the 1750 timings to 2000 and 2250 because the 1500 don't work without crashing. Used same voltage settings and have about 95W. Any ideas ?
    Same memory manufacturer for your 4gb and 8gb card? Check both with gpuZ and show us your results.
  • JoeZenerJoeZener Member Posts: 13
    Hi guys. Just started mining with 3x MSI RX 580 Gaming X 8Gb plus 1x MSI RX 580 Armor 8Gb. About to modify BIOS with ATIWinFlash. Hoping to get to 30MH/s promised land like everyone.

Now...copying straps from 1:1750 to 1:2000 is the right mod to these MSI cards or is there a better setting?.

I appreciate any advice from other 580 owners on the BIOS ... I will share undervolt/core clock /memory clock results here as soon as I mod them.

Thanks in advance