Do you really want to close and leave this page before receiving the full 6 BTC confirmations?

BillyBilly Member Posts: 5
After having purchased my ether and received 6 BTC confirmations, I pressed "done" and attempted to navigate away from the webpage, resulting in this error message. Why would I be receiving this if I had already received 6 BTC confirmations? And if for some reason the confirmations did not actually occur, will navigating away from the webpage prior to receiving the full 6 BTC confirmations affect my ether purchase?

Comments

• StephanTualStephanTual London, EnglandMember, Moderator Posts: 1,282 mod
    You don't have keep your browser open to wait for 6 confirmations. Once the process of finalization has begun, it cannot be stopped as it's taking place on the bitcoin blockchain. Closing/moving away from the page should have no impact.

If you are still in doubt, you could always check if your purchase was processed:

Go to https://github.com/ethereum/pyethsaletool and download and install the tool.

Run python pyethsaletool.py list -w /path/to/your/wallet.json (substituting the path with the path where you downloaded your wallet to).

You should see a record of your purchase. If not, then run python pyethsaletool.py getbtcaddress -w /path/to/your/wallet.json and look up the address on blockchain.info.