MSI B250 Krait Gaming - only 4 gpu?

CryptoManiacCryptoManiac Member Posts: 49
Hi guys!

Because ASROCK H81 PRO BTC are no longer available in my country I bought MSI B250 krait gaming MOBO instead. It has 6 PCIe slots so I thought it will be ok.

https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/B250-KRAIT-GAMING.html

After installing everything as usually (windows 10 pro) I started to put all 6 GPU’s (sapphire nitro+ RX480 4GB) into mobo. But after launching I see only 4 GPU in device manager. I disabled on board Audio and Display.

Also trying Gen1 and Gen2 pcie settings and change PCIe risers for those I tested and I am sure they are fine.

I also checked this on different drivers but always the same result.

I found this in manual:

"The PCI_E2/ PCI_E5 slot will be unavailable when an expansion card has been installed in the PCI_E3/ PCI_E6 slot."

Is that means this mobo can only support 4 cards? So why it has 6 PCIe slots?

Can someone help me with that?

Comments

• workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    Yup, only support for 4 pcie devices at one time on that mobo. Nothing you can do except get another motherboard.
  • CryptoManiacCryptoManiac Member Posts: 49
    Damn :/ Thank you work. I got problem with finding cheap replacement for Asrock H81 Pro BTC. Could you suggest some decent mobo with 6 or 7 pcie and working GPUs on all slots? I am looking for something that is still in production. What about MSI z170a gaming pro carbon? I heard that it is working with 7 GPU after bios update. Can someone confirm that?
  • LukasBlechaLukasBlecha Member Posts: 2

Having same problem. Trying to work 6 GPU on this board MSI B250 Krait Gaming. ONLY 4 GPUs are visible. In bios there is a settings for "Above 4G memory/Crypto Currency mining - especially if you want to utilize more than 4 GPUs". How is possible that you are saying "this only support 4 PCI-E" but in BIOS there is a setting for "more than 4 GPUs"?! I bought 6 of this boards and just noticed I am not able to see 6 GPUs in Windows 10...

Anyone running 6 cards on this board?
  • Giang_Tran87Giang_Tran87 Member Posts: 2
    B250 . 3x PCIe 3.0 x16 slots (support x16/x4/x1 modes)
    . 3x PCIe 3.0 x1 slots
    * The PCI_E4 slot will be unavailable when an M.2 PCIe SSD module has been
    installed in the M2_2 slot.
    ** The PCI_E2/ PCI_E5 slot will be unavailable when an expansion card has
    been installed in the PCI_E3/ PCI_E6 slot.
  • amenocyamenocy Member Posts: 3