My latest rig: Overkill or Awesome?

ps9864ps9864 London, UKMember Posts: 14
edited February 2017 in Mining

So I just created this beautiful mining rig as we wanted something cool for the office but also wanted to mine with it. What do you guys think overkill or awesome?

I'll also post version 2 when it's out, which will be using water cooling. Not sure if that will be for Ethereum or something else (e.g. Monero or ZCash) but it's already looking cooler.

Also, a bit shout out to the ethOS team as they've been a great help and love their OS.

Comments

• BUTUZBUTUZ Member Posts: 139 ✭✭
    I LOVE copper. I give it 9/10 for awesomeness. To make 10/10 you'd have to watercool the cards, and use the frame in the watercooling circuit. That would be 10/10 :)
  • ps9864ps9864 London, UKMember Posts: 14

Version 2 will use the copper for some heat dissapation. I've had an idea for a home PC that uses copper tubes to transport the water cooling to instead of AIO but that's a whole new level of PIA.
  • BUTUZBUTUZ Member Posts: 139 ✭✭
    edited February 2017
    I can see you and me is brothers from another momma. I was thinking of taking my 3 x r290 water rig and actually plumbing via copper with quick disconnects on the rig, it into a full size central heating radiator, wall mounted, to see how that worked. It would be great to dry my pants whilst mining.
  • agent412agent412 Member, Moderator Posts: 293 mod
    @ps9864 It's both overkill and awesome, I love the look of copper. Also, you're not worried about the chance of your frame picking up a charge from static and possibly shorting something on your rig?
  • bctopicsbctopics Member Posts: 333 ✭✭
    Very cool! Can't wait to see the next one!
  • ps9864ps9864 London, UKMember Posts: 14
    @BUTUZ well if I ever get round to doing a full copper tube build I'll try and remember you
    @agent412 thanks! Static doesn't really come into play in my opinion and actually it just means everything is well grounded to the PSU. The thing I worried about was eddy currents but doesn't seem to be an issue (I put some ferrorings inside so that might help) but it's been running a good month or so now with no issues but we'll see with version 2. Final parts for that coming in shortly so mid march it will be done hopefully.
  • lilykhan001lilykhan001 DhakaMember Posts: 1
    In my opinion, it is a blend of overkill and awesome. Appearance of the copper? Well, I like it to the greatest possible degree. I eagerly wait in anticipation to witness the next one.

While possessing an avid interest in gaming, and computers in general, it could turn out to be good tip to deal with lag and ping issues in a drastic manner, right?

What do you reckon?