What else to do? Asrock H81 Pro BTC 2

seanbw1609seanbw1609 Member Posts: 19
I have the following:
  1. Asrock H81 Pro BTC 2
  2. Sapphire 11260-01-20G AMD RX 480 Nitro+ 8 GB GDDR5 Memory PCI-E Graphics Card X5
  3. Intel Celeron G1820 CPU
  4. EVGA SuperNova P2 850 W Platinum
  5. Corsair CP-9020098-UK VS Series VS650 ATX/EPS 80 PLUS
  6. Multiple power supply connector ADD2PSU
  7. Crucial MX300 525 GB SATA 2.5-Inch Internal Solid State Drive
  8. XCSOURCE PCI-E 1X to 16X Mining Machine Enhanced Extender Riser Card Adapter X2
  9. PCI Express x1 to PCIe x16 Riser Card Flexible Cable 1x 16x X3
  10. HyperX FURY Series 8 GB DDR3 1866 MHz CL10 DIMM Memory Module - White
I am using a Dell monitor which works fine connected to the mining rig via an HDMI/DVI cable.
I have had problems with a previous asrock H81 Pro R1 mobo and bought this one. (this was when I tried to get the fifth graphic card to work). It worked to the four cards and after connecting the fifth, lost the monitor and nothing I did brought them back. I am now inbetween Amazon and Asrock.
So I purchased a R2 of the H81 Pro BTC mobo.
I am now having the same problems with this mobo and I can't understand it as I have tried everything I know.
The problem is simply that no matter which connector I use HDMI or D-sub, I can't get the monitor to display either a Windows 10 or UEFI screen.
I have tried:
  1. HDMI between No 1 Graphics Card/TV + HDMI (onboard)/Monitor + D-Sub/Monitor (1 graphic card on)
  2. HDMI (onboard)/Monitor + D-Sub/Monitor (no cards)
  3. D-Sub/Monitor (no cards)
  4. HDMI (onboard)/Monitor (no cards)
  5. HDMI between No 1 Graphics Card/TV (no cards)
  6. HDMI between No 1 Graphics Card/TV + D-Sub/Monitor (no cards)
  7. HDMI between No 1 Graphics Card/TV + HDMI (onboard)/Monitor (1 graphic card)
All the while stabbing furiously the Del or F2 key.
I have never got a screen.

Is there any other setting on the mobo that I have missed because I am now thinking that maybe if I purchase the ETHos software, it may work but my brain is telling me that irespective of whether Windows 10 or ETHos, the UEFI should still display to the screen.

Currently, the graphic cards have all been disconnected so I am trying to see if the onboard will work to no avail so I have connected the slot 1 graphic card but I still get no screen.
If this question has been asked and answered before, I apologise. I gave googled to no available. I mean what do you google for? How to connect mobo to monitor or what to do to connect mobo and monitor?
Its just frustrating. Please can anyone help? I am really getting desperate as I still have tons to do because I know there is still a mod to carry out to get the fifth graphic card to work.

Answers

• workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    Did you reset cmos and set pcie gen 1?
  • seanbw1609seanbw1609 Member Posts: 19
    I can't get that far. I can't get the rig to output to the monitor. At all
    I was thinking maybe there is a jumper I need to set but from reading the manual, there is no such setting. I just don't get it. Maybe I need to look at the cable connections again but I don't know what I am looking at because even without a graphic card, it does not connect to the monitor. Frustrating.
  • workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2017
    There is definitely a cmos clear jumper. First google result was an excerpt from the manual:

https://www.manualslib.com/manual/693110/Asrock-H81-Pro-Btc.html?page=24
  • yodiyodi Member Posts: 265 ✭✭
    hu , do you try ....... ?

if you have a gpu or extender inside the pci-e 16x (the original one for gpu) in the motherboard, you have to plug the HDMI in this one.
    OK. I have done the jumper thing. I moved jumper from 1+2 to 2+3 for half an hour. Result is same.
    I then changed the monitor just in case it is the monitor. No connection
    I then took out the cmos battery for about 10 minuts and basically it should have reset the mobo.
    I then tried again and still I get no connection between the mobo and the screen.
    I have to accept I have a dud because I have no other settings to tr.
    Surely the mobo and a screen must connect even if it is to say "something is wrong" but I get no signal emanating from mobo to monitor.
    Everything works apart from chassis fan 2. If I connect a fan to chassis fan 2 on the mobo, the fan does not work.
    Maybe the mobo is bad?

yodi said:

hu , do you try ....... ?

if you have a gpu or extender inside the pci-e 16x (the original one for gpu) in the motherboard, you have to plug the HDMI in this one.

I am at this point trying to establish that the onboard gpu works. At this point all the RX480 gpus are disconnected. At this point, I should get the onboard gpu connecting automatically to the screen but it does not and I am getting so frustrated with this.
    Apart from Asrock, is there any 6/7 GPU mobo that anyone can suggest?
  • AbcedarianAbcedarian Member Posts: 76 ✭✭
    I had much the same type of problems with mine. I thought I completely killed it. Tried one last time and got it working. I have windows 10 and 1 rx 470 on it.

I was so frustrated with it that I got a biostar tb85. I have had no trouble with it. There might even be a tb85 btc with 7 pci-e. It is at least referenced on the user manual list.
    I did the same. I purchased Gigabyte and on first connecting - it posted. So I am now trying to convince asrock to give me an RMA so I can get a brand new one or get Amazon to give me my money back.
    I will mark this thread closed and open another one with the Gigabyte because the use of the dual psu I need to get right.
    Thanks for chipping in.
    By the way - can you give me the details of the Biostar. I have never heard of it.
    I have checked both amazon.co.uk and ebay.co.uk for this biostar. They are not yet being sold in the UK. Must be quite new.