Begginner looking towards starting cryptomining with Ethereum, would like guidance!

GamingDevilsCCGamingDevilsCC Member Posts: 5
edited November 2016 in Education
Hey miners, I'm looking towards to start cryptomining with Ethereum with an R7 370, and I was wondering, what is the most updated tutorial? (as I heard some tutorials are outdated from hardforking.)

I also have a few questions I would like to be answered.

Is it fine to turn off the program at any given time? (this PC is my main rig, so sometimes i'd like to play some games, or study without having my pc too loud)

As a person with only 1 GPU and rig, should I go with pool mining, as recommended by other people?

Also, is there any cryptomining currency's or things I should start doing/mining to familiarize myself with mining, so Ethereum doesn't seem like a huge pain?

And whats the most secure, good, and easy to use wallet?

Oh, and as a Canadian, how would I convert my Ethereum into money, and do you require a minimum set amount before you're able to cash it out?

Best Answer

• theneogeo1982theneogeo1982 Member Posts: 530 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2016 Accepted Answer
    Is it fine to turn off the program at any given time? (this PC is my main rig, so sometimes i'd like to play some games, or study without having my pc too loud)
    - Thats fine, just don't expect anything ravish to purchase lol.. I'm using one card as we speak on my gaming computer, I just turn off Claymore when I game. But I got 53 other cards going on dedicated rigs -

As a person with only 1 GPU and rig, should I go with pool mining, as recommended by other people?
    - It would be better to go with pool, especially since your're new, solo, and one card -

Also, is there any cryptomining currency's or things I should start doing/mining to familiarize myself with mining, so Ethereum doesn't seem like a huge pain?
    - Eth is a great way to get into it! lots of support and people doing to learn!!!!

And whats the most secure, good, and easy to use wallet?
    - I use jaxx program and sometimes www.myetherwallet.com JUST MAKE SURE YOU DON'T FORGET PASSWORD AND BACK IT UP-

Oh, and as a Canadian, how would I convert my Ethereum into money, and do you require a minimum set amount before you're able to cash it out?
    - I like to use www.quadrigacx.com best prices and you can direct deposit ( etransfer) with only 1.5% fee-

Any other questions or help pm me.. Would be glad to help ( I remember my first time too and it was poopy)