Sharp difficulty drop, what's going on? Zcash?

letsethletseth Member Posts: 3
edited October 2016 in Mining
Difficulty has dropped to 80's from 100 in just one day!

I suspect Zcash but not really sure.
Does anyone know what's going on???

Comments

• MetzMetz Member Posts: 126 ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    How do you even get a zcash wallet setup?

Flypool has 6500 miners already so it probably will affect the ETH difficultly
  • trump104trump104 Member Posts: 125 ✭✭
    its zcash. I also moved all miners to zcash its unbelivable money. around 100€ per hour for my rigs.

I didnt sleep for 19 hours right now busy selling everything on poloniex. Small tip jump on the train asap.

1 ZAC= 8 BTC. Yesterday i sold for 40BTC. crazy fucking shit.
  • MetzMetz Member Posts: 126 ✭✭
    trump104 said:

its zcash. I also moved all miners to zcash its unbelivable money. around 100€ per hour for my rigs.

I didnt sleep for 19 hours right now busy selling everything on poloniex. Small tip jump on the train asap.

Which miner / pool are you using?
  • hankzetankhankzetank Sweden Member Posts: 53
    yea what pool are you using? I´m on coinsforall , suprnova seems more stable?
  • cidmocidmo Member Posts: 446 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2016
    yea ive had nothing but issues with zcash
    i cant even find a stable miner that works rig to rig
    and a few of the pools are losing stats
    ull mine for hours have a balance and its like the chain forked and all of a sudden ur balance is gone
    also simply not enough time in the day to figure out why a zcash miner will start using ur GPU and wont even recognize ur CPU
    then all of a sudden with a restart wont GPU mine at all and will only CPU mine
  • SWDude26SWDude26 Member Posts: 132 ✭✭
    edited October 2016
    nicehash miners is where it's at currently. not fully stable on my 5 GPU rig, but lasts several hours without needing to be babysitted.

I made .23 BTC off of .0105 ZEC :D

If suprnova was actually prepared for yesterday, I could have sold that off a lot sooner and made 20-30x that ...grumbles...

I have another .01 coming up soon and I have $14+ in unpaid BTC as well from <8 hours of mining.

Hop on the gravy train miners!
  • FlexinFlexin FranceMember Posts: 45
    trump104 said:

You mining with windows, and eXtremal miner @trump104 ?
  • TruthchanterTruthchanter Member Posts: 549 ✭✭✭
    If it isn't too late to get on the zcash train, do I need linux? if not what cpu or gpu miner works with windows? genoils zcash one didn't work for me and didn't for for a lot of people either yet.
  • RavinderDhillonRavinderDhillon Member Posts: 74 ✭✭
    trump104 said:

That crazy money looks suspicious as shit, like em gold rush fellas eggin other people into it. You got any screengrabs there fella?
  • dddrgonzooodddrgonzooo Member Posts: 145 ✭✭
    I had a cash out to a z address at 6am. Checked at 11 and nothing, switched everything over to t. Hopefully my first cash out will be there when I get home from work, and hopefully the price doesn't tank!
  • EcMonkeyEcMonkey Member Posts: 7
    I mining softwares I tried didn't work at all with my R9 390s. So I CPU mined for a little while and cleared .02 Bitcoins. It's nothing, but considering the effort, it's totally insane.

Simple question: when difficulty drops just like it did (20%, is that correct?), does that mean, statistically speaking, that I should make about 20% more ETH / day with the same rig?
  • kemo6600kemo6600 Member Posts: 62
    edited October 2016
    Genoil Miner 0.4 , AMD GPUs on Mobo with I7/I5 CPUs
    zcash.flypool (Ethermine)
    Nice hash CPU miner
    That is the best performance and stability i had so far
    Dual 480 rig + I5 4690K Pulling average 100 sol
    Later i will be testing 4x 470 + I7 4770 , expecting at least 150 Sol .

For Celeron based Mobo and 6 GPUs , only miner worked was coin for all pool miner , pulling 110 Sol from 6x 470 Rig .
    Problem is that the Rig on Zcash.flypool producing almost double the hash rate .

Do Note that all miners are very unstable and should be run with Auto restart Bat file.

:start
    start Start.bat
    timeout 900
    taskkill /F /IM genoil.exe
    timeout 2
    goto start

@echo off
    :loop
    start zcashgpuclient.exe ...
    timeout /t 360 >null
    taskkill /f /im zcashgpuclient.exe >nul
    goto loop
  • trump104trump104 Member Posts: 125 ✭✭
    Its done. 1 ZAC = 1,1 BTC. Its still better than eth at the moment but not even close to what it was 2 days ago. I love new coin hype.

@Flexin yes i'm using extremal and his pool just because it works as it should. Other miners are faster thats for sure but crash every 10 minutes.
  • SpydrMstrmndSpydrMstrmnd Member Posts: 73
    edited October 2016
    We were talking the other day about small miners (<150mh) jumping off the network due to increased difficulty and no or very little profitability. Seems Zcash may be the catalyst that got them moving.
  • cascadia_coincascadia_coin Member Posts: 67
    ZCash is coming to ethOS very soon for those of you who purchased copies. Alex from GPU Shack is on the zogminer dev channel.
  • ursul0ursul0 Member Posts: 54
    Metz said:

How do you even get a zcash wallet setup?

Flypool has 6500 miners already so it probably will affect the ETH difficultly

Exchanges (t only ?) + Linux