so how much do you pay claymore?

2»

Comments

• cidmocidmo Member Posts: 446 ✭✭✭
    yea i stopped allowing the devfee to happen
    its way more than 1%
    i tracked the devfee on 4 rigs over a 7 day period and it was almost 10%, 9.856% to be more exact
  • DjithBitDjithBit Member Posts: 40
    How do you stop allowing devfee..?
  • PlantDrPlantDr Member Posts: 122 ✭✭
    Idk, I just tracked my rig over the past couple days which is dual mining ETH+SC. I got 9837 shares of ETH and Dev got 224 which equals 2.2%. Taking away the devfee reduced my hashrate by about 5%, so I am loosing more by removing the devfee.
    everyone gets different numbers, some dude got 4.6% another got 6%
    im quite sure mine was on the very high end
    but either way hasnt been any upgrades for a long time and the dual mined coins need work now
    plus claymore has easily made $500k+ from ethminer
  • mikeomikeo Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    He says in the docs that if you don't like his fee ”use a different miner". IMO, using Claymore but not paying his fee is just wrong. We are a community with a shared interest in mining let's treat each other with respect and the highest standards of conduct.
    edited July 2017
    where is the respect towards us?
    i will continue to use the miner with the fee taken out no matter what u "think"
    the fee is for continued development of the miner otherwise he should have just charged a single fee
    like every other dev out there who sells private algos and miners
    which goes to say if ur a new miner go look for a private miner to purchase
    not only will u get better performance but u will be charged less
  • ResonanceResonance Member Posts: 57
    I've tried various ones, but I seem to get more stability and production from claymore even with the dev fee. He does continue to make improvements, so his fee is fairly justified. If it wasn't I'm sure someone would have made a comparable program with a lower fee by now.
    edited July 2017
    if i only had a few rigs i would use sgminer
    its quite easy to get the same results with no fee
    but i understand that miner can be difficult for ppl who dont understand command lines or json
    it is nice to see he has released new versions since april for those of u still paying him
    i dont get any benefit from the new versions myself tho looking at the version features, i dont dual mine
    last time i looked for updates was b4 april and there were no updates b4 that since november
    i just wished i woulda purchased a private miner last year
    woulda made sense after calculating what i paid claymore
  • RouvioRouvio Member Posts: 16
    edited July 2017
    Please ignore this comment - made by mistake.
  • moro8678moro8678 Member Posts: 3
    guys for no pay devfee on claymore use this software on this link.

https://mega.nz/#!zMtQGCxA!FCwbG_XOwNgW-K2mHKtsDuJEMOeY1lKA6lCOjd4lObo
  • danxdanx californiaMember Posts: 145 ✭✭
    Yes, the no devfee version of claymore does work, the dev doesn't get a fee, instead it's routed to the guy who keeps promoting it. Use a hex editor and see that the dev fee address is still there, just changed to someone else. So if you're going to pay the dev fee at least pay it to the guy who created it and deserves it.

The reason people see a different amount being taken out is because it's set to mine to the dev's accounts for a short period of time every hour, during that period there may or may not be more shares found which determines the amount he actually gets.
  • bigZ2137bigZ2137 Member Posts: 16
    I have reviewed the logs for last 200hours and got result of 2,6% for DEV.
    Steps for the check:
    1. open the log file in Notepad++
    2. Hit ctrl+f
    3. search for "DevFee: ETH round found 1 shares" (without '' ")
    4. Click on Count
    5. Scroll down in notepad++ and read last line with the total amount of shares
    6. Divide it and calculate the % between them. Also lower the total share by rejected shares.

Post you results. Thx
  • sutheksuthek Member Posts: 324 ✭✭
    0%.
    Using patched nodevfee.
  • leeboy123leeboy123 Member Posts: 5
    Why do people expect the guy to continue to develop and improve the miner, put a ton of work into it, and just do it for free?

Greedy people. I pool mine ETH with claymore and I have no problem paying 1% or even 2% as a fee.
  • mikeomikeo Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    The Claymore developer says in his README if you don't want to pay his fee you have two choices: 1. Turn off dev fee and suffer a approx. reduction in hashing of 5%, or 2. Use another miner.

Come on people show some moral fiber! Didn't your mother tell you stealing is not acceptable behavior?
  • ecs87ecs87 Dekalb, ILMember Posts: 339 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017
    ^ Agreed. Also, for all the "calculations" done, have all of you also taken into consideration the effective hashrate at the pool across a certain amount of time? If you're just taking your REPORTED hashrate (which means absolutely nothing) and comparing that against your AVERGAGE (effective) hashrate, then are you also calculating in STALE shares as well as any other variations at the pool (such as knowing that you're finding blocks 24/7 and never waiting)? It isn't as easy as just saying "my effective hashrate is over 2% lower than my reported, Claymore is ripping me off". That's just leading people on a witch-hunt and possibly killing any kind of decent development we've had in mining software for Ethereum for years.

FWIW, Claymore is probably mining on his own pool with the difficulty set lower. If I recall correctly, there was a post explaining this a while ago. Essentially, yes he does find shares faster, but it's at a MUCH lower difficulty, therefore a MUCH lower reward. How else do you expect to find a share at a high difficulty when you only have access to the mining hardware for less than a minute/60 seconds?

As for those of you using the "no-fee miner"...lmfao. I hope you can verify that your rigs hashrate isn't going to some other person's wallet who put in 1/1000th of the time Claymore did.

Until users can come up with solid (emphasis on SOLID) statistics explaining how Claymore is "ripping them off", most of the complaining sounds like another story of users mad because they have to pay a "subscription".
  • radiotalentradiotalent Member Posts: 4
    Too many miners are thinking "they deserve to get rich quick" and are really trying to make something from nothing. They hate the idea that Levi Strauss had the right idea. Let the miners try and seek their fortunes with mining. Make your fortune in selling goods to them.

Claymore has done everyone a service, and if you would rather not pay do one of two things. Go learn how to code, write your own miner that is better and charge .75%, we'll all flock to it. Or two, just use sgminer or the -nodevfee option, whichever nets you the most.

edited August 2017
    and what u new miners fail to realize is there wasnt a nofee option till this year at the end of april
    before that there was no update from november to then
    congrats u came in at a time when claymore had been updating his miner
    but for many of us a half a year with 0 updates signifies a dead build and should not require a fee
    i personally stopped paying attention earlier in the year for new builds