<

>
hide You are viewing an archived web page, collected at the request of Ethereum Foundation using Archive-It. This page was captured on 01:48:43 May 10, 2021 , and is part of the Community collection. The information on this web page may be out of date. See All versions of this archived page. Loading media information

Japanese translation & general question

kuriheikurihei Member Posts: 2
I translated Ethereum WhitePaper into Japanese. Can I make pull-request?
https://github.com/kurihei/Ethereum-WhitePaper-JP/blob/master/[Japanese]-White-Paper.md

I contacted 3 japanese people who are making effort to organize Japanese Ethereum Community, and we made online broadcast meeting. In this meeting, we discussed the detail of Ethereum through reading white-paper.

We have 2 basic question about Ethereum. Would anyone answer our question?

(1) What is the mining of Ethereum? (What computation the miner execute?) In white-paper, I found the following sentence.

"The current intent at Ethereum is to use a mining algorithm where miners are required to fetch random data from the state, compute some randomly selected transactions from the last N blocks in the blockchain, and return the hash of the result."

The miner does not execute all contract code? Our understanding of Ethereum system is that all miner's computer execute all contract code parallely. Is that wrong perception?

(2) Every miner's computer have key/value store database for contract execution? If so, does this fact means that miner should have large disk?

Comments