MSI Radeon™ RX 470 GAMING X, 4GB, 28+MHS bios mod

Comments

• w0lfw0lf Member Posts: 43
    Guys i have strange problem with my msi 470 4gb card, major of motherboards doesn't detect it, i removed the modded bios 1500 straps and restored the backup of 512kb but the problem remain,3 of 4 my motherboards no detect it, i don't know how possible? what bios i can use for msi gaming X 470 gb Hynix card?

I downloaded also the bios on techpowerup database but when i open with atiflash i reiceve warning for 256kb dimension,pls help.

Thanks
  • drizzt_do_urdendrizzt_do_urden Member Posts: 181 ✭✭✭
    Use -f command for 256 kb bios. maybe your card is dying?

Use -f command for 256 kb bios. maybe your card is dying?

it's new card only 2 weeks but 3 of 4 motherboards doesn't detect it, only Asus crosshair V formula Z see it and only directly on pcie16x, with riser no detect.

Asrock z97 anniversary,asrock h81 btc and asrock h81M btc doesn't see it
    Asus Crosshair V formula Z detect it but only connected on pcie16x

I don't know how possible with original bios this problem...

this command is for atiflash right? -f and name of bios? techpowerup bios is original bios?

Thanks
    atiflash -p -f 0 biosname.rom ... techpower original bios only 256 kb format... but if you have your original bios saved should work with that. are you sure you are using the same bios as you saved? or did you save from an another card and put it on this one? maybe your card has different memory than hynix ??? the only time I met this problem when you put the wrong bios on the card.
  • ecs87ecs87 Dekalb, ILMember Posts: 339 ✭✭✭
    Don't force a BIOS onto the card...lol. That's the fastest way to HARD brick a card. A proper BIOS file will load onto the card without being forced. If you have to force it either:

A) you're using a different device's ROM which may brick your card.

B) the BIOS file is corrupt.

Either situation means you need to re-evaluate the tools that you're using or you need to mod the original BIOS.
    @ecs87 but maybe the bios which he made is corrupt already and in order to put a good bios you have to force it. and I had a card which i modded myself and didn't want to flash it just with p command so i had to force it and it works just fine. sometimes you need to use the f word to make something work :))

atiflash -p -f 0 biosname.rom ... techpower original bios only 256 kb format... but if you have your original bios saved should work with that. are you sure you are using the same bios as you saved? or did you save from an another card and put it on this one? maybe your card has different memory than hynix ??? the only time I met this problem when you put the wrong bios on the card.

Yes guys the original bios is right...i don't understand what happen

I attached the original bios backup of my card if you can help ..

Thanks guys
  • Era666Era666 Member Posts: 10
    Hi Guys,
    I am glad to find an activ forum about ETH mining.
    I just started and finished my rig and now I am about to tune my GPU's.
    I am using a MSI Armor 4GB OC with Samsung memory. I allready flashed it and now I want to know which values to change in watt-tool and which better not.
    Please be gentle, i am a noob. :smiley:
  • xanbixanbi Member Posts: 10
    edited May 2017
    I am using msi afterburner for changing values memory 1950, core clock 1050 gives you best hash/watt
    w0lf said:

Yes guys the original bios is right...i don't understand what happen

I attached the original bios backup of my card if you can help ..

Thanks guys
    @drizzt_do_urden or someone know what do? :'(

not even techpowerup bios resolved this strange problem, only solution is try the warranty?

Thanks
    which amd driver are you using? you could flash it back to original but still not working?

which amd driver are you using? you could flash it back to original but still not working?

yes i restored the original bios but problem remain, i'am using 16.11.5
    and are you sure that the bios you are using was saved from that card? it sounds like you mixed up the bios with another memory type bios. or simply the card just was faulty...

and are you sure that the bios you are using was saved from that card? it sounds like you mixed up the bios with another memory type bios. or simply the card just was faulty...

ye i'am sure :/
  • MarlynNevesMarlynNeves Member Posts: 55

Hi,

I thought I share this moded bios for this MSI model (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137024)

You can play around with GPU, Core clocks. My cards would crash on anything lower then these setting, but I saw people go down to 890 mv without no problem at GPU.

Just flash with atiflash. Use latest drivers.

Haven't tried dual mining, but I am sure it just works fine.

if you have questions feel free to ask.

Hello drizzt_do_urden.
    thanks to help us!

Can i flash this rom Surely, even it being 512kb rom?

You took the original bios and made some modifications, correct? What modifications did you make?

regards, Thanks for all!
    Other question about...In your print screen i see core clock and mV whith a diference..:
    This is correct?
    edited May 2017
    @MarlynNeves if it has Hynix memory then for sure. you can copy P7 to P6 P5 to get a stable GPU. original roms usually are 512 kb. I just made memry timing modification. every other setting is made in WattTool.

@w0lf then you should send it back in warranty...is it working if you put it directly in the x16 slot?
    @drizzt_do_urden
    I flassh the rom you recommended and apply the settings in whattTool (GPU 1150/930) and (VRAM 1950/930). I'm getting stable results.
    27.5mhs at 66W

@MarlynNeves if it has Hynix memory then for sure. you can copy P7 to P6 P5 to get a stable GPU. original roms usually are 512 kb. I just made memry timing modification. every other setting is made in WattTool.

@w0lf then you should send it back in warranty...is it working if you put it directly in the x16 slot?

@drizzt_do_urden yes on Asus Mobo work into 16x
    and you can't leave it in the x16? use other cards with riser. leave this one in mobo.

and you can't leave it in the x16? use other cards with riser. leave this one in mobo.

drizzt_do_urden this Asus isn't mine, i have buyed asrock z97 anniversary and h81 btc, but these doesn't detect it, it is incredible :(
    not even in x16? only that one mobo? that is very strange...

not even in x16? only that one mobo? that is very strange...

yes not detect also in 16x in these other mobos, only asus
    did you try to turn off onboard video card and put the main VGA to PEG? GEN1 is set in Bios also?
    Hello! I am here again ...
    Sometimes it takes about 5 - 10 minutes to get a share .. is this normal? Does it have to do with my internet network or the configuration of the video card / Bios / frequencies?
    how many cards do you have?

how many cards do you have?

unfortyaly just one :(
    then it is normal :)
  • noobminer001noobminer001 Member Posts: 7
    What video drivers are installed on your system when you are flashing these cards? I'm running 7x MSI RX470 Gaming X GPUs with (17.5.2) and would like to flash them however I've never done it before. I read up and watched some tutorials online recommending ATIFlash, GPUZ, Sapphire Trixx, etc but I can't seem to find a straight answer as to what drivers should be used. Some people have suggested 16.9.1 or 16.9.2 however my system won't boot if I use these drivers.

Can I flash the bios on the cards with the lastest 17.5.2 drivers installed?

Thanks,
    you can flash bios with 17.5.2 just there is a possibilitie that it won't recognize modded cards. there is a pixel patch for this, but I never tried it. I use 16.9.2 drivers or 16.11.5...