Sitoshi’s Ghost - A lottery that implements true democracy by generating value through values

TuskTusk Member Posts: 33
edited June 2014 in Projects
The idea is a lottery that runs autonomously using the spirit of satoshi nakamoto.

We create a DAO lottery that uses “Sitoshi’s Ghost” SG, to determine the winners. Users guess the time SG will reveal itself and payouts are paid according to the closest guess, If you get it 100% correct you win the pool (less the portion that goes to charity), if you are the closest but not 100% correct a deduction is made based on how far out you were from the time and that is carried over to the next reveal.

Sitoshi’s Ghost reveals itself at random intervals, these can have tiered weights based on the intervals they occur:-

Hourly There is an SG reveal once every hour
Daily (one of the hourly reveals is a special reveal that counts as the daily reveal)
Weekly (one of the daily reveals is a special reveal that counts as the weekly reveal)
Monthly (one of the weekly reveals is a special reveal that counts as the monthly reveal)
Annually (one of the monthly reveals is a special reveal that counts as the annual reveal)

A percentage of the shorter interval payouts is carried over to the next tier.

Also there could be super reveal that occurs if the real satoshi nakamoto reveals himself by sending some proof (not sure if this is possible) but if it is he could do this while he is living or posthumously using a time contract and nominate a cause of his choosing for the charity payout.

Using something like Bitvote users can nominate charities, other DAO’s or projects they they wish the pool funds to support.

Even the percentage of the splits between payout and donation could be voted on

This is just a rough Idea and I’m sure with input from others it can be developed into both a fun and useful tool to support issues the community feel are important.

This will also hopefully bring great publicity to Bitcoin, Ethereum, Bitvote and any other technology it incorporates. The problem with democracy is unless it has financial support it is very difficult to implement. Something like SG can do both with the incentive of reward for contributing. Unlike Tax that is implemented through cohesion, this is a purely voluntary self emerging ecosystem that can be run autonomously implementing value through values.

The way the times are chosen can be based on a algorithm that takes all the votes of the various proposed links in Bitvote and converts them into a time. In 2010 I made something similar to convert personalised information into lottery numbers http://www.lottoluck.net/ The same concept could be used to randomly generate the times SG will appear.

Comments

• TuskTusk Member Posts: 33
    I'm trying to refine this a bit more:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZK08ZYeeXUw8_eqwmETNbHuE0I08_EkyXwm-ZnEXpKs/edit?usp=sharing

I would be happy to get others thoughts Thanks for the feed back Stephan (via Skype)

Hey Tusk, quick feedback as I'm litteraly flat out :) -
    [6/23/2014 7:27:19 PM] Stephan Tual [ethereum]: 1) your ideas of pools is totally doable
    [6/23/2014 7:27:38 PM] Stephan Tual [ethereum]: 2) in fact most of the doc is doable, including DAOification.
    [6/23/2014 7:28:00 PM] Tusk Bilasimo: Ok I have A friend who is a C++ programme and will discuss with him
    [6/23/2014 7:28:18 PM] Tusk Bilasimo: TY
    [6/23/2014 7:28:19 PM] Stephan Tual [ethereum]: 3) randomization is still really rough - the best case scenario is to get a 2 phase commit: people agree (pay) to enter a round on block x, then the lottery take place block x+1 (and use that as the RNG)
    [6/23/2014 7:28:39 PM] Tusk Bilasimo: K
    [6/23/2014 7:29:12 PM] Tusk Bilasimo: ok will let you know when we have something to show
    [6/23/2014 7:29:48 PM] Stephan Tual [ethereum]: 4) Time based events is still something I consider hard to impossible done decentralized: The reason is that a miner or a mining pool could reorg the trx in a block, effecttively negating timestamps - that's a problem general to ethereum that we're expecting most people to face at some point or another - solutions are coming - i recommend you have a look at orisi (distributed oracles) - this could be your ticket
    [6/23/2014 7:30:03 PM] Stephan Tual [ethereum]: 5) really like the idea of lotteries for 'good' - something I've been toying with for a while
    [6/23/2014 7:30:10 PM] Stephan Tual [ethereum]: overall, exciting! Let me know how you get on :)
    [6/23/2014 7:30:40 PM] Tusk Bilasimo: will do Thanks
    [6/23/2014 7:42:56 PM] Stephan Tual [ethereum]: np :)
  • StephanTualStephanTual London, EnglandMember, Moderator Posts: 1,282 mod
    I like it when private convos are posted in public! Keeps me on my toes, why not :)
  • TuskTusk Member Posts: 33
    edited June 2014
    Opps, my bad! Sorry I should have asked first, my apologies. Its constructive input so I hope you don't mind?