Boysie's 31MH ROM for RX480 red devil v2

13»

Comments

• fphreddfphredd Member Posts: 4
    Running Red Devil 8gb with this rom. Thank you Boysie! I'm getting 27-28MH without changing settings and wondering best way to get up to the 30 level? Also, went to install the low power rom, figuring if that one gives the same hash rate with less power I'd install instead, but getting error on attempted flash...ideas?
    Thanks!
    Windows 10 installed an update and now this rom no longer works for me...at all. Anyone else?
    All sorted out. It was the AMD driver upgrade to 17.x.x. Problem was that after downgrading to 16.10.3 I still needed to run the atikmdag-patcher...and there was much rejoicing!
  • AdeeL83AdeeL83 Member Posts: 12
    Boysie thanks for the rom homie.

I got no idea how others got it to work. But I can't seem to. I flashed with Boysie's rom, tried pretty much all drivers (16.8.x, 16.10.x, 17.x), applied atikmdag patch every time, etc etc. It either puts an exclamation mark next to the cards in device manager. Or if it does get it, it runs each card at like 16mh/s and progressively gets slower and slower.

I have a 6x red devil rx 480s rig. How the heck did you guys get this to work with red devils?! Kno'msaying?
    It got me silly
  • boysieboysie Member Posts: 591 ✭✭✭
    so the only reason I know it slows is mem, check hwinfo64 and check if the memory is going nuts on the error rate. stop the cards all and enable 1 by 1, if going nuts on mem errors then slow the mem speed down. move on to next card. this will build stability and work out what perf you can really get out your cards, I love these cards although u def get the of one that sux on mem, Samsung letting shit make it though to manufactures to get volume through its all about their profits. less testing etc. I have 7 2 of them cant cope with 1950/1945. but it snot much off a gain .5 maybe max diff. adds up over time but stability will buy you more so back off if killing the mem. Drivers can play a part but I only see this when hitting the 4mh thing, 300 mem speed bug, reboot or duu it and start drivers fresh, dont patch if on 16.x they all work (latest ones) before 17, ignore 17

boysie said:

so the only reason I know it slows is mem, check hwinfo64 and check if the memory is going nuts on the error rate. stop the cards all and enable 1 by 1, if going nuts on mem errors then slow the mem speed down. move on to next card. this will build stability and work out what perf you can really get out your cards, I love these cards although u def get the of one that sux on mem, Samsung letting shit make it though to manufactures to get volume through its all about their profits. less testing etc. I have 7 2 of them cant cope with 1950/1945. but it snot much off a gain .5 maybe max diff. adds up over time but stability will buy you more so back off if killing the mem. Drivers can play a part but I only see this when hitting the 4mh thing, 300 mem speed bug, reboot or duu it and start drivers fresh, dont patch if on 16.x they all work (latest ones) before 17, ignore 17

Thank you kind sir for the response. I will chew on it.
    edited May 2017
    fphredd said:

Running Red Devil 8gb with this rom. Thank you Boysie! I'm getting 27-28MH without changing settings and wondering best way to get up to the 30 level?
    Thanks!

Any suggestions? They would be very much appreciated! :smile:
  • orinityorinity SingaporeMember Posts: 84
    boysie said:

Compared to the crap that are coming through Micron, Samsung seems to be doing okay.
  • MaguaryMaguary Member Posts: 59
    Interesting card, wonder if better than the Sapphire RX 480 NITRO+, lots of people said this Sapphire is the best card for ethereum, i still dont know.
  • HelioxHeliox Member, Moderator Posts: 634 mod
    Maguary said:

Interesting card, wonder if better than the Sapphire RX 480 NITRO+, lots of people said this Sapphire is the best card for ethereum, i still dont know.

I guess it's not :tongue:

old picture (few months ago), gpu-z readings are at around 85-90 while doing this speed. :)

Greetings!
    Heliox said:

Maguary said:

old picture (few months ago), gpu-z readings are at around 85-90 while doing this speed. :)

Greetings!
    Woa this i a Sapphire RX 480 NITRO+? What vbios?
  • HelioxHeliox Member, Moderator Posts: 634 mod
    Maguary said:

Heliox said:

Maguary said:

Greetings!
    Yes they are 480 Nitro's. Custom vbios :)
  • winmasterwinmaster Member Posts: 2
    I dream to get these speeds on my rigs. Lol.
  • thiagotigazthiagotigaz Member Posts: 2
    does anybody has some rom for red devil rx 580 8Gb, i've set 1750 to 2000 straps and memory to 2200, all the rest is default. It starts at 30.4 but fast drops to 26mh, i'm getting crazy!
    Heliox said:

Maguary said:

Heliox said:

Maguary said:

Greetings!
    Nowadays are impossible to get RX 480 Nitro+, everything sold out, this Red Devil are still available. And RX 580 we have tons, but the wattage...

• etherfarmetherfarm Member Posts: 5
    Somone tryed this bios on rx480 Red Dragon 8gb with samsung mem?
  • Wolf0Wolf0 Member Posts: 329 ✭✭✭
    Maguary said:

Heliox said:

Maguary said:

Heliox said:

Maguary said:

Greetings!
    Nowadays are impossible to get RX 480 Nitro+, everything sold out, this Red Devil are still available. And RX 580 we have tons, but the wattage...

Let me finish that statement for you - if you work at it, the wattage is actually lower on the 5xx series than the 4xx series, but because people with more money than sense run them stock, they don't want the cards that will use more power out of the box, even if they're better. :P
  • LotzoLotzo Member Posts: 4
    etherfarm said:

Somone tryed this bios on rx480 Red Dragon 8gb with samsung mem?

i tried it, but it don't work stable!
  • WejjmeisterWejjmeister Member Posts: 1
    Can I use this on a Powercolor 580 Red Dragon?
  • xuNsh1nexuNsh1ne Member Posts: 1
    Hi,

Anyone got the Memory errors fixed and could provide a detailed solution?
    For now I'm using "Boysie 29MH lowpower red devil 480 8G" and it's working with 0 memory errors.
  • klctechklctech Member Posts: 3
    Hi, here it is bios Powercolor 480 4GB samsung 31+Mhs

http://bit.do/powercolor4804GBsamsung