Boysie's 31MH ROM for RX480 red devil v2

Comments

• Zorg33Zorg33 Member Posts: 220 ✭✭
    @Hans you have to read back like 10 posts above... hm? not that hard.
    give memctrl decent voltage and set negative VDDC offset. Both can be done in WattTool before you ask...
  • HansHans Member Posts: 34
    @Zorg33 ups, thanks will try that
  • Michael4000Michael4000 Member Posts: 14
    edited October 2016
    Post edited by Michael4000 on
  • DzenreiDzenrei Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2016
    Guys. Pls share Rom to Ref powercolor 480/8gb.

Good speed. but this noise kill me)
  • boysieboysie Member Posts: 591 ✭✭✭
    Dzenrei said:

how did you manage to get it that hot? is it not in an open rig? pics?
  • DzenreiDzenrei Member Posts: 3
    edited October 2016
    boysie said:

Dzenrei said:

how did you manage to get it that hot? is it not in an open rig? pics?

Now i dont use external fan.
    Сan you give me new rom?
    Now i use this one.

I think that we should decrease power limit for making lower temperature , but i can't figure it out how exactly.
    And I have new rx 470 red devil 4gb, do u have some stable bios ?
    (Hynix)
    Post edited by Dzenrei on
  • MarlynNevesMarlynNeves Member Posts: 55
    edited October 2016
    Hello
    I'm getting great results with the Red Devil RX 480 after installing the latest driver (16.10.1). Now with 31.3 Mhs and ~ 92 ~ power consumption. This video card is sensational ... fans working 60% and temperature 58 ~

With Boysie 31MH ROMv2 it is running 12 hours ago stable ...

• mpereztrmpereztr Member Posts: 6
    holly molly! that's huge
  • RavinderDhillonRavinderDhillon Member Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hello
    I'm getting great results with the Red Devil RX 480 after installing the latest driver (16.10.1). Now with 31.3 Mhs and ~ 92 ~ power consumption. This video card is sensational ... fans working 60% and temperature 58 ~

That's a lot of memory errors. Downclock or overvolt your memory a bit for longevity.
  • ozzz169ozzz169 Member Posts: 18
    can anyone post wattTool i can not download from the website, get stuck in a loop when trying to make account there :/
  • MarlynNevesMarlynNeves Member Posts: 55
    @RavinderDhillon See this rom from boysie :smile: :

Tested for 12 hours ... 0 memory errors

All credits for boysie :blush:
  • zorvalthzorvalth Member Posts: 174

@RavinderDhillon See this rom from boysie :smile: :

Tested for 12 hours ... 0 memory errors

All credits for boysie :blush:

This last 1.5mh cost you almost 50w, not sure if 50w less expenaive then 1.5mh profit...
  • core16core16 Member Posts: 16
    edited October 2016
    I've been having some trouble. I flashed the rom and reset the wattman settings before as well as after. I'm not getting a ton of memory errors (the first 10 minutes mem errs was at 1-3 then it rose up a bit right before my screenshot) but my numbers seem low and a little all over the place (back and forth ~25 to ~29 eth). I'm using ethi 16 and dcri 27 - no idea what values are best, just took these from someone on page 1 of this thread. Any help on how to improve this would be much appreciated. Thanks
    Edit: shortly after that screen shot, memory speed kept dropping to 300 (i think) as if it wasn't constantly mining anymore then in red said something about hanging when i cancelled it
    Another edit: restarting and running mode 1 only eth mining (without the ethi/dcri flags) gives a more consistant 29-30.5 but I'm getting around 600,000 memory errors or something

Last edit: How many memory errors are acceptable? Also did pretty much the same thing as the first time (ethi/dcri dual) and it seems better any particular reason why? The error count below has since increased greatly, how can I get that number down without reducing mem speed?

Post edited by core16 on
  • SvchostSvchost Member Posts: 7
    hello any ROM for RX480 4g'=
  • rusuhrusuh Member Posts: 7
    @boysie
    if i want to lower my memory to 2150, what should i do?
    is it just ok to change max memory to 2150 in polaris bios editor, save the bios, and then i can flash my card?
    Thanks
  • XMShowcaseXMShowcase Member Posts: 14
    @boysie
    but I am still confused, I use mobo ASROCK h81 pro BTC, what should I connect to 2 Molex on the mobo?

I hear, if we use a 6x rx 480/470 on the ASROCK h81 pro BTC with usb riser power, we do not have to connect the two molex mainboard, is that true?
  • trump104trump104 Member Posts: 125 ✭✭
    Uh, does any1 have a solution for invalid command when trying to run atiflash? It worked before..
  • diemtydiemty Member Posts: 1
    Hi boysie, this is the first time I post in this forum.
    I am experimenting a lot with some xfx480 gtr triple x and your red devil bios.

I know that bios aren't meant for them but I came along to install that bios with my xfx and have really interesting Results.

First of all I want to make clear that the 29 mh red devil low pow runs flawlessly with 27.5 - 28.1 mh dual mining on the triple x. All that in a period of more than 5 day with a 6 card rig. I didn't touch anything else after installing the bios just adjusted the fans.

Second, after the results above I decide to install the 31+ red devil on the triple x and had some insteresting results. My hashes went over 29, and after experimenting a lot with watttool I seem to stabilize errors on cards, some of them went to 0 others with less than 100 over 5 minutes.

My concerns right now are:

Does this bios will decrease the lifespawn of my cards? This is one thing I really concern about.

Does the errors also decrease lifespawn of gpu?

What is your opinion about me using red devil on other non reference card? ( I know I went crazy on that)

Electricity is not a concern for me, so should I use 1000 mv instead of 950 for more stability?

Finally I want to point that in a 22 Celsius room cards are working in 60-65 Celsius with fans on 70%

Also with the 29 mh red devil I am getting 1050 watt top from the wall with no modifications on watttool. I haven't tested it yet to the 31 mh red devil bios but I can test it if you want.

• tinrooftinroof Member Posts: 26
    Zorg33 said:

I learned that you should use at least 950mV for mem controller to avoid memory errors.
    It does not matter that it seems stable even at 875mV, but your pool side hashrate shows 10% less and you can see millions of memory errors in HWinfo.
    So bump up VDDCI & VDDC and give a negative offset to VDDC in watttool.

I also got same mem problem even though I increased vcore volt to required level(1.075v+/- in my case), it just drops number of errors but not no error.

Anyone has any idea how to solve this please share with us here. I think we are not not the only 2 who have trouble with that.

Thanks in advance
  • tinrooftinroof Member Posts: 26
    edited March 2017

Hello

Just wonder whether my sappire rx480 nittro+ 8g OC is a fake, never reached 30mh no matter how hard I tried with whatever powerful rom. God help me!
  • leonlacourtleonlacourt Member Posts: 9

Hello

Hi @MarlynNeves @boysie can you guys help me, im new, and dont know nothing of flashing i tried using aTIFlash but aafter the card doesnt get recognized by computer... is there a way to solve this?

Please help
    edited March 2017
    Ok, so i got the flashing right, but now the rom doesnt get any stable, it doesnt matter which settings i use the screen turn off itself. Can you share some knowledge...
  • jorgeac66jorgeac66 Member Posts: 20
    tks Boysie i get 28,8 with my Red Devil RX480 x 8GB estable 154watts
  • drRobertdrRobert Member Posts: 35
    What memory use red devil 8 gb 480 ? Only samsung or can also shit by micron?
  • orinityorinity SingaporeMember Posts: 84
    drRobert said:

What memory use red devil 8 gb 480 ? Only samsung or can also shit by micron?

Not sure if there are different batches. Mine is using Samsung memory.
    jorgeac66 said:

tks Boysie i get 28,8 with my Red Devil RX480 x 8GB estable 154watts

@jorgeac66 which are your setting for reaching this?
  • jorgeac66jorgeac66 Member Posts: 20
    LeonLacourt I use this configurtion https://snag.gy/l6Oy0V.jpg but first I save my red devil bios rom,then i copy and rename like 480tuned and edit that rom with boyse configurations.
  • w0lfw0lf Member Posts: 43
    exist Boysie's mod for 470 4gb?
  • renzonlinerenzonline Member Posts: 1
    hi, guys PowerColor Red Dragon AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB have BIOS mod?
  • iamnoobplzhelpiamnoobplzhelp Member Posts: 239 ✭✭

hi, guys PowerColor Red Dragon AMD Radeon RX 480 4GB have BIOS mod?

Assuming you have hynix memory, Copy the 1500 straps down. I was able to get 2040mhz memory clock and 1125 core clock, achieving 29.2mh/s with that card.