naor223naor223 Member Posts: 3
edited June 2018 in Mining
Insane!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2aInzMJCAmo&t=10s
I managed to get 53 m/h per card on my 1080ti rig

Comments

• asusrigasusrig Member Posts: 141
    edited June 2018
    Wow, thanks for this post! Getting 54 mh/s with my 1080 ti. Wish I had more. I tried this on my 1070 ti cards and it made no difference in performance but the 1080 ti is just a beast with this! Incredible. This is amazing and puts the 1080 ti at the top as far as ETH goes. It is now equal to if not slightly better than the 1070 /1070 ti regarding hash power per watt!

But I don't trust the link in the video you posted. Downloaded directly from github instead.

https://github.com/OhGodACompany/OhGodAnETHlargementPill

• naor223naor223 Member Posts: 3
    Alright might, no problems :D
  • dgreendgreen Member Posts: 13
    Power consumption?
    dgreen said:

Power consumption?

Around 150-160 watts. I'll post a screenshot when I get a chance. It would be great if they came out with something similar to tweak the memory timings of the 1070 and 1070 ti cards.
  • rmhrmh Member Posts: 410 ✭✭✭
    asusrig said:

dgreen said:

Power consumption?

Around 150-160 watts. I'll post a screenshot when I get a chance. It would be great if they came out with something similar to tweak the memory timings of the 1070 and 1070 ti cards.
    I think they would already came out with it if possible. Or have You heard some rumors about it?
    edited June 2018
    Here is a screenshot: +/- 55.5 mh/s @ +/- 160 watts.

• rmhrmh Member Posts: 410 ✭✭✭
    So it's not gonna happen on 1070, because this stuff has things to do with the GDDR5X mem, findable on 1080s and titans only.
    rmh said:

So it's not gonna happen on 1070, because this stuff has things to do with the GDDR5X mem, findable on 1080s and titans only.

Well, with the RX580 cards you are able to tweak the memory timings via a BIOS editor and they don't use GDDR5X memory. With the 1070 and 1070 ti cards you cannot tweak the memory timings at the moment and all you can do is overclock and change power usage etc. I would not be surprised if a tool could exist that would give more performance to these cards.