Summer tuned settings for RX 580 cards?

sutheksuthek Member Posts: 324 ✭✭
So I'm trying to reduce heat with my array of rigs.
I briefly decided to mine XMR to reduce heat but the profitability hit is just too much.

Now i'm trying to de-tune my ETH mining to get a lower performance and lower heat output.
Curious if anyone else is doing this right now?

I just did 1000 core clock. (was 1150 before.)
same ram speeds as before.
and reduced core voltage to cvddc to 875. (Was 890 before.)

Seems to be working pretty good. around 27.5mh/s average. (13 card rig dropped from 388mh/s to 355mh/s... so I effectively lost like 30mh/s per rig.)
Curious if I can drop that cvddc further now that I'm at 1000 cclock instead of 1150.

Thoughts? What are you guys doing?

Comments

• sutheksuthek Member Posts: 324 ✭✭
    Never mind. tuned summer settings myself. dropped heat by 10 degrees and dropped fan speed by 20%. still at 30mh/s per card. (a drop from 31.4)
    Cheers everyone who got involved.
  • lablettlablett Member Posts: 333 ✭✭
    how low did you get the voltage with 1000, as I need to reduce my heat ?
  • asusrigasusrig Member Posts: 141
    Hi suthek, can you please post your Summer BIOS? As well as a screenshot of it in Polaris? I am attaching my Winter BIOS in ZIP file. I bought this BIOS on EBAY and it gives me 31.7 mh/s for my RX580 Nitro + 8GB Samsung cards. But they consume about 140-150 watts each with these settings.

Here is a screenshot of the BIOS I have been using in the Winter:

• asusrigasusrig Member Posts: 141
    edited May 2018
    I was able to drop the power usage by about 115 watts for six RX580 cards by changing these in Claymore. Kept the same BIOS. Temperatures are down a bit. Getting close to 30.5 mh/s. I was actually getting 31.5 mh/s but for some reason after rebooting the RX580 cards are all down to 30.5. I'll run it like this for a while and when it gets colder again switch over to the higher performance settings.

-cclock 1160 -mclock 2125 -cvddc 835 -mvddc 835
  • lablettlablett Member Posts: 333 ✭✭
    asusrig said:

I was able to drop the power usage by about 115 watts for six RX580 cards by changing these in Claymore. Kept the same BIOS. Temperatures are down a bit. Getting close to 30.5 mh/s. I was actually getting 31.5 mh/s but for some reason after rebooting the RX580 cards are all down to 30.5. I'll run it like this for a while and when it gets colder again switch over to the higher performance settings.

-cclock 1160 -mclock 2125 -cvddc 835 -mvddc 835

Thanks fro sharing!