Artifacts while gaming means it will crash mining?

AkromaAkroma Member Posts: 92
Hello guys, i have one problem, i get thread stuck in device driver problem while mining on 5 of rx 580 nitro + using biostar tb250 btc. i am testing the gpus on my pc, and when i use 1500 straps, the gpus will artifact while gaming, and the games will crash. if i use 1750 straps, the gaming returns to normal.

If a gpu artifacts while gaming, it means the card will produce errors if used to mine? (the whola gaming with the mining gpu thing is to try to discard posibilities and to check and test the gpus for mining due to having formated and changed drivers and the thread stuck in device driver problem persists while mining)

thanks

Comments

• bluspiritbluspirit Member Posts: 18
    edited April 2018
    Hi, do you expect mining straps to be suitable for gaming? I do not think so.
    If you have problems with mining check the GPU errors with HWINFO, try reducing OC or try different timing straps.
    You can get good results with one click timing straps:
    https://github.com/jaschaknack/PolarisBiosEditor
  • AkromaAkroma Member Posts: 92
    tyvm, my problem is i get thread stuck in device driver bluescreen when mininig. ive reformated, changed drivers, etc and the problem persists. the last thing i was trying was flashing from other pc and testing the gpu, which i did (gaming) and 2 of them artifacts if straps are 1500, but wont artifact on 1750, and wanted to know if there is a correlation between artifacts and that error. thanks for the answer tho.
  • rmhrmh Member Posts: 410 ✭✭✭
    Akroma said:

tyvm, my problem is i get thread stuck in device driver bluescreen when mininig. ive reformated, changed drivers, etc and the problem persists. the last thing i was trying was flashing from other pc and testing the gpu, which i did (gaming) and 2 of them artifacts if straps are 1500, but wont artifact on 1750, and wanted to know if there is a correlation between artifacts and that error. thanks for the answer tho.

Reflashing the gpu and/or trying in another machine would be the first thing i try, not the last. :)
    Anyway @bluspirit has right, if a gpu with mining memstraps fails in gaming, that not means it will fail in mining, but there's correlation.