SMALL MINING FARM PROBLEM, ASUS RX470 4GB MINING EDITION

roninwtroninwt Member Posts: 8
Dear comunity,

I make this post because we are trying to make a small mining farm with 100 rigs. this are the spec:

- ASUS RX470 4GB MINING
- ASROCK H110
- CELERON G3930
- 4GB DDR4
- 2 X CORSAIR RM1000X/I

https://i.imgur.com/boVIGuL.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/TDhLVtA.jpg

We got also few rigs with Nvidia 1070 and 1080ti, works perfectly. but now making this new project we found those issues:

- Randomly crashed rigs, we use simplemining OS and Ethos. I'm pretty sure that there are not defects on those rigs, until they were moved to the big place they work months without crash. Now we encounter randoms crash in differents rigs everyday. Do you know if possible both OS cause trouble on the same LAN?

- We ordered from asus the most part of our GPUs, the RX470 4gb mining edition. Since now all we mount are ELPIDA memories.

https://i.imgur.com/kPSWK9c.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/HnfmOEw.jpg

We modded the bios very carefully, they seems to work with the mems (1900 and 1000mv) and leaving automatic voltage on gpu, timings are set on 1500 straps. We tryied to do more undervolting on mem but seems to crash, also gpu without automatic voltages give lots of problems.

About 10% of the total gpu lot are defective, they don't mine even with stock settings, they crash to 0 mhs on claymore. Do you guys have any clue on this?

I will be very thanksfull if anyone could provide me support on this. Any details you need please ask me.

Best regards,

Comments

• KhayzershozeKhayzershoze Member Posts: 13
    Hi roninwt,

hope everything is fine with you and your rigs :smile:
    we can solve problem of all your rigs to work without any crash but in first step you have to forget simplemining OS, you need to work by windows 10 and claymore, then we can solve all your rigs problem remotly and we Guaranteed they will work without any crash at all after wrap up completely we will give just 2 ethereum for solving the problem of all the rigs.
    kindly let me know if you agree with this.
  • VirosaVirosa Member Posts: 43
    Well it's not really a good mod, did you try with a higher strap to see if this resolve your issue? Example of custom work on elpida/micron;

• roninwtroninwt Member Posts: 8

Hi roninwt,

hope everything is fine with you and your rigs :smile:
    we can solve problem of all your rigs to work without any crash but in first step you have to forget simplemining OS, you need to work by windows 10 and claymore, then we can solve all your rigs problem remotly and we Guaranteed they will work without any crash at all after wrap up completely we will give just 2 ethereum for solving the problem of all the rigs.
    kindly let me know if you agree with this.

Thank you for your answer, i won't use Windows, we got almost 50 machines and simplemining or Ethos are far better option to manage them.
    Virosa said:

Well it's not really a good mod, did you try with a higher strap to see if this resolve your issue? Example of custom work on elpida/micron;

Those numbers are impresive, but what about stability? i prefer less mhs and stable working. also power consumption it's something to take care off.

Regards,
  • Nokia555Nokia555 Member Posts: 36
    Try ethmonitoring.com EthControl with Windows10, if you want to use Linux, go with EthControl Linux and get rig rebooters, your life will get so much easier :)
  • cnilsecurecnilsecure Member Posts: 4
    Virosa, can you share your sgminer config/profile i am struggling to get it to work right
    with claymore i get 32.5 with my card but sgminer i cant seem to pass the 30 it drives me nut:/
  • cnilsecurecnilsecure Member Posts: 4
    Virosa said:

Virosa, can you share your sgminer config/profile i am struggling to get it to work right
    with claymore i get 32.5 with my card but sgminer i cant seem to pass the 30 it drives me nut:/
  • roninwtroninwt Member Posts: 8
    We got serious problems, hope someone can give us a clue.

Our 10 gpu setting with RX470 mining won't work properly, there is always few rigs that they crashed. First i thought it was our bios editing, so i contacted Matt who kindly help me.

We do a very stable bios with polaris bios edito 2.2, we run those GPUs without risers directly into mobo and no problem or inestability found. When we asamble everything its start causing problems, mostly one of the gpu drops to zero in claymore, We can't figure out why?

Also big problems assembling the new rigs with Asus RX570 expedition, no bios mod or anything and there is always a GPU dropping to zero...

Thats what we tried so far:

- Stable bios
    - Individual test of each gpu without risers, direct to the mobo.
    - Diferent SO, like ethos and simplemining.
    - different risers.

Could be possible any electric failure? too much Watts for 2 psu of 1000w, we meassured the consumption on the wall and its a total of 1300w for the 10 gpus settings.

I really be grateful for your help, thank you!

Regards,
  • BolouswkiBolouswki Member Posts: 2
    Any problems I have had with cards dropping to zero or crashes has ALWAYS been power related. Either mv settings or PSU. Might also be worth checking the consistency of the power inputs (to your premises) because if it worked elsewhere, but doesn't work since you moved, well the main difference assuming the rest of the setup is the same, is the power.
  • cidmocidmo Member Posts: 446 ✭✭✭
    ive had many issues with the lil 1x cards that go into the slots
    these things cause all kinds of problems and switching them out usually fixes most things
    like 511C errors and 0Mh watchdog errors
    best thing i did was buy those 4usb to 1x pcie cards
    seems to solve a lot of issues for me