Phoenix Miner better than claymore

agent412agent412 Member, Moderator Posts: 293 mod
So today I tried Phoenix miner and I found it to be better than Claymore. Getting a little more mh/s, lower fees, no incorrect shares (so far) and seems like it runs smoother. And it's easy to edit the config file.

I recommend trying it
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2647654.0

Comments

• agent412agent412 Member, Moderator Posts: 293 mod
    Also, I use -lidag 1 to slow down dag generation.
  • cidmocidmo Member Posts: 446 ✭✭✭
    ive been using this for a couple weeks now
    more hashrate at the same electrical cost as claymore
    im way more stable now i havent had a rig down other than manual restarts
  • JukeboxJukebox Member Posts: 640 ✭✭✭
    No dual mining yet :/
    Pascal covers all my electric bills (and even a bit more) so ETH is clean income with claymore to me now.
  • bctopicsbctopics Member Posts: 333 ✭✭
    Jukebox said:

Pascal covers all my electric bills (and even a bit more) so ETH is clean income with claymore to me now.

I agree, if they can add dual mining it will certainly change over a lot of people. Dual mining is very valuable.
  • samjankussamjankus Member Posts: 100
    Jukebox said:

Really? How much do you pay in electricity? I only get about 43% of my electricity paid for with Pascal. I am at a small disadvantage in that I can't run the blockchain drivers on my win10 Fall Creator install because it crashes the OS, which would mean I'd get max 50%.
  • JukeboxJukebox Member Posts: 640 ✭✭✭
    samjankus said:

Really? How much do you pay in electricity? I only get about 43% of my electricity paid for with Pascal.

0,063 USD/KW
    I am at a small disadvantage in that I can't run the blockchain drivers on my win10 Fall Creator install because it crashes the OS, which would mean I'd get max 50%.

Use Win 10 LTSB. Or switch workload from "gaming" to "computing" in driver settings.
  • headshot155headshot155 Member Posts: 158 ✭✭
    I was sceptical but I think Phoenix is more stable than Claymore, it hashes slightly more stably and can handle greater undervolting before card crashes. I have noticed is uses about 1% more watts at the wall though using 18.2.3 drivers.

Phoenix really is a viable alternative to Claymore now.
  • samjankussamjankus Member Posts: 100
    Jukebox said:

samjankus said:

Really? How much do you pay in electricity? I only get about 43% of my electricity paid for with Pascal.

0,063 USD/KW
    I am at a small disadvantage in that I can't run the blockchain drivers on my win10 Fall Creator install because it crashes the OS, which would mean I'd get max 50%.

Use Win 10 LTSB. Or switch workload from "gaming" to "computing" in driver settings.

Thanks for the tips. I'll look into them.
  • netcoreznetcorez Member Posts: 5
    I use phoenix for a while too. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think you can run 2 instances of miner. Lowering ETH intensity, you can for sure run a 2nd miner for Decred, cant you?
  • cidmocidmo Member Posts: 446 ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    yea claymore dualminer does nothing but lower intensity for both
    i know ppl who been dual mining for years without claymore
    u have one memory intensive algo and one core intensive algo u can usually dual mine with tweaking