Quick Start Guide To Mine Ethereum

1235»

Comments

• Ale88Ale88 Member Posts: 1
    hello,
    Just recently I decided to start mining. I started with 8 Nvidia GPUs (gtx 1070) and use Ubuntu 16.04 as my os. I'm mining with Claymore. Everything was going well until I decided to add more GPUs to my rig. Because of the extremely high prices on Nvidia GPUs, I opted to use AMD (sapphire nitro + Rx 580). I installed the correct driver but when I rebooted my rig, I get to the login screen but I'm not able to log in the OS. I get this error msg " bbswitch: no suitable _DMS call found" and it goes back to the login screen. Can someone help me? I've been looking everywhere on the internet and can't find a solution?
  • russionrussion Member Posts: 1
    Thank you, man. From now, I will make evverything right!
  • ExpertMinerExpertMiner Member Posts: 14
    https://mining.help/ is also a very nice guide, very detailed on max hashrate on those cards + lowering power consumption.
  • JackAttackJackAttack Member Posts: 24
    Can you do this on a tight budget ?
  • Bitc_every_hourBitc_every_hour Member Posts: 3
  • Bitc_every_hourBitc_every_hour Member Posts: 3
    awesome miner or Claymore'??
  • mikeanderson6991mikeanderson6991 Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2018
    Cryptocurrency mining power comes down to the GPU of choice, I'm in the 1st week of my Ethereum mining adventures and I'm using Genesis mining reviews here is a guide so you can start mining fast. easy to follow guide will show you step by step what you need to do in order to mine Ethereum
  • RoboAdamRoboAdam Member Posts: 6

Can you do this on a tight budget ?

Have the same question
  • jarak007jarak007 Member Posts: 3
    You can buy ETH on most cryptocurrency exchanges, most notably Coinbase, GDAX, Binance, Bitfinex, OKEx, Bithump, Kraken, and Gemini. Also, there is the option to buy ETH person-to-person through Localethereum.
    Is it worth mining?
  • BikuyBikuy Member Posts: 36
    edited September 2018
    Ale88 said:

hello,
    Just recently I decided to start mining. I started with 8 Nvidia GPUs (gtx 1070) and use Ubuntu 16.04 as my os. I'm mining with Claymore. image
    Everything was going well until I decided to add more GPUs to my rig. Because of the extremely high prices on Nvidia GPUs, I opted to use AMD (sapphire nitro + Rx 580). I installed the correct driver but when I rebooted my rig, I get to the login screen but I'm not able to log in the OS. I get this error msg " bbswitch: no suitable _DMS call found" and it goes back to the login screen. Can someone help me? I've been looking everywhere on the internet and can't find a solution?

Also looking for help on this.
  • RedHouseRedHouse Member Posts: 104
    Bikuy said:

Also looking for help on this.

It is unclear to me just how you have your rigs set up.

Your electric rate would need to be quite low to make eth mining profitable right now.
    Where are you located?

• AndrejWarholaAndrejWarhola Member Posts: 3
    Figuring out how to set up all the mining equipment for Ethereum can be a daunting task for someone without the technical expertise. With the market expanding, more and more people are looking to invest in Ethereum. What some people may not realize though is that you can also mine Ethereum to passively generate an income every month.

The standard setup usually consists of:

6x Video Cards (Minimum 3GB, 4GB recommended)
    Best Hash/Price Recommendation: Radeon RX 570 4GB
    6x Risers
    Highly recommend getting risers with all capacitors built in – version 006C
    Motherboard (with 6 PCI slots minimum for risers)
    Recommendations: Asus Z170-A, Biostar TB250
    CPU
    Cheapest possible: G4400
    Memory
    Recommended: 4GB Crucial DDR4-2133
    Power Supply
    Minimum: 80% of maximum capacity
    Recommended: 1200W Corsair HX1200 or any other 1200W Gold or Platinum PSU
    SSD or Hard-Drive
    Any, 60GB minimum
    Miscellaneous
    Ethernet cable (do not run wifi), power button for motherboard, fans for cooling
    With this setup, you’d find on average around 0.5Eth per month. This will change depending on the Ethereum Mining Difficulty, you can use the website WhatToMine to make calculations of your earnings or find other profitable coins to mine.

It is important to consider the difficulty to measure whether to continue mining Ethereum, or whether to switch to another algorithm or coin to mine.
  • coinologistcoinologist Member Posts: 22
    Hey guys, When i was first starting out I found some really good pages on explaining things as well as how to start mining! As we all know theres so much to learn when we start out!
    Heres the link if you want to start https://www.xch4nge.com/hub/xch4nge-user-info/exchanging-fiat-for-miners/