Simpleming OS

mmcruz1979mmcruz1979 Member Posts: 75
Hey folks,

I just switched to Simpleming OS... I loved the concept and the easy way to monitor and control multiple rigs, BUT yes BUT I noticed a HUGE loss of hashrate from my rig. 6x GTX 1070 hashing eth at 192mh/s dual mining pascal on windows 10, not the same settings on linux I only get 29.6 mhs. Why??? :( Please anyone can help me out?

Thanks

Comments

• mmcruz1979mmcruz1979 Member Posts: 75
  • AkromaAkroma Member Posts: 92
    hello :) i have one question haha. whats the rate on 1070s on pascal as dual? i mean, how much do you get on pascal if u dual mine eth+pasc?

also, whats the electricity consumption for 6x 1070s? in watts and possibly in amperage?

on the other hand, i think it might have to do with oc? maybe its not the same oc? so they have different hashrates? or maybe different versions of driver and/or claymore?

• mmcruz1979mmcruz1979 Member Posts: 75
    Akroma said:

hello :) i have one question haha. whats the rate on 1070s on pascal as dual? i mean, how much do you get on pascal if u dual mine eth+pasc?

also, whats the electricity consumption for 6x 1070s? in watts and possibly in amperage?

on the other hand, i think it might have to do with oc? maybe its not the same oc? so they have different hashrates? or maybe different versions of driver and/or claymore?

I'm getting 32.2 mh/s on ETH, 326H/S on pascal for each GPU on dual mining. I use the watch meter in the outlet it's showing 1046 watts total.

The linux looks like was just the numbers, now it's ok.

Thanks
  • ivanmarivanmar Member Posts: 8
    Had the same issue on Simplemining and EthOS, but I couldn't find a way to solve it, so I switched to Perfectmine.

It seems like both Simplemining and EthOS give you ease of use, but somehow the hashrate goes down. Perfectmine, to me, is even easier to use, but actually gives +10-20% hashrate from the one I had on other OS. Also, their support is way better than Simpleminining - these guys reply in chat super quickly and even gave me advice on hardware.

Also, Simplemining is actually not that simple in comparison - it doesn't have easy profiles overclock and easy pool definition like Perfectmine.

Bottom line - switch to Perfectmine and don't struggle anymore :)
  • sutheksuthek Member Posts: 324 ✭✭
    edited January 13
    i can't speak for GTX cards, but I found I'm able to get higher more stable hashrate on AMD cards with Simplemining. Plus, I find it easier to tell which card failed when troubleshooting which ones are clocked too high.
    (I am running quite a few rigs... and it wouldn't be possible without SMOS)