New Identity & Access Management Platform

GlasswalkerGlasswalker CanadaMember Posts: 7
Well I've been lurking, and developing in the background for a while... But I figured it's time to dive in and get directly involved in the community as we continue on the steady march towards Frontier... Some of you may remember me from my days in the Bitcoin community (for better or worse), but you might remember I was (at least largely) responsible for some of the more performant FPGA based mining bitstream designs for example, among a handful of other projects.

In the real world, I've been working for several years on large scale enterprise solutions for Governments, Military, and Law/Security... One thing that's been fairly popular this last couple years has been Identity and Access Management Solutions...

I have a small team of developers I've assembled and I'm working on a handful of projects I'm very excited about for the Ethereum Ecosystem...

I felt it was time to take my experience in Identity and Access Management, and bring it to the Ethereum Ecosystem, so one of the big (and exciting) projects I'm developing is a new identity and access management platform, currently it handles:
- Maintaining and validating identities in a fully decentralized way
- I we have designed it to effectively combat Sybil attacks.
- Registration of name to identity
- Maintenance of reputation over time
- Feedback mechanism tied into reputation, with strong controls
- Fully driven by consensus
- Dynamic and capable of adapting to changing market demands
- Registration of trust relationships with other DApps in order to leverage the Identity platform
- Easy to use Access Manager for access control for your DApps based on known and trusted identities
- Quite a few other surprises as well :)

For now, I'm keeping the project closed, until I'm ready for a prototype run of the completed solution, then I'll likely opensource it fully... But until then, I do not want to develop entirely in a vacuum, so I'm throwing an open call out there to any other DApp developers who think they could leverage a strong Identity Platform, and what they would like to see, what kind of features they would value, and so on.

Please let me know your feedback/suggestions via this thread for now, and I'll take each into consideration at this phase in development to ensure we have a rock-solid solution for Frontier.

I hope to be ready to launch the platform (in at least a beta state) either at, or very shortly after Frontier Launch.

Thanks!

Comments

• GlasswalkerGlasswalker CanadaMember Posts: 7
    Just a quick update, project progressing and growing in scope.

I hit a bit of a challenge, in the complexity of the contract is getting fairly high. As a result the gas cost of deploying it exceeded the max block gas cost.

So I'm breaking it up into it's core functionality. And in doing so, I'm abstracting out that functionality to be re-usable as well.

So now I'm building both a full Identity, Access, and Reputation platform, and a separate Organization Factory. Both are co-dependant and related to one another, but each also serves a standalone service to the community and network.

The ID platform will handle ID/Reputation/Feedback/Access and tie into trusted service providers.
    The Org Factory is a fully customizable, DAO provider, which allows individuals to generate their own DAO contracts easily and seamlessly, handling voting, storage of data/values, disbursement of funds, and voting on activities/actions. Highly configurable, adaptable, and supporting fully concensus driven model to handle long-term adaptability of all configurable parameters.

All security to the Org Factory is provided by the ID platform, and long term management and administration of the ID platform is handled by a DAO spawned as part of the Org Factory's services.

This creates a fully community owned/driven/managed id platform, which can survive long term, and adapt to changes, while also leveraging both the ID tech, and the DAO tech to support other community initiatives and services.

Once I have the code to a workable proof of concept state, I'll provide more information and details.

Again, if anyone has any suggestions, or particular asks which would make a platform like this (these) more useful, or more valuable, please let me know and we can discuss.
  • AronVanAmmersAronVanAmmers Amsterdam, NetherlandsMember Posts: 40 ✭✭
    @Glasswalker great and very necessary initiative. If not already, you should definitely see the work done by @dennismckinnon et al on the "People's republic of DOUG" and further developed into www.erisindustries.com. It's by far the largest set of interacting smart contracts on Ethereum (and derivatives). They ran into the same kinds of problems you did w.r.t. the practicalities of large contracts and developed solutions for them.