WTF is going on with my energy bill?

samjankussamjankus Member Posts: 100
edited September 2017 in Mining
Can anyone explain why my power meter says my rig should be taking about 905W but my energy bill says it's taking 1069W ??? What kinda some bullsheet is this.

Anyone have similar experience?

Edit: I was off by 320W on my calculation. So not as bad as I first thought.
Post edited by samjankus on

Comments

• samjankussamjankus Member Posts: 100
    edited September 2017
    Maybe air conditioner for the house? My place is 1850 sqft, so I suppose it could be causing the air conditioner to run more. My card temps average 70-75. Room temp in office is +4 deg F compared to what my AC is set at 77 degrees, during summer.

I suppose an extra 164W could come from AC.
  • greatauror28greatauror28 Member Posts: 126 ✭✭
    Only way to know is to measure the power draw of your rig. Get a kill-a-watt or a TPLink HS-110 smart plug with energy monitoring.

It's also helpful if you're setting voltage offsets to know if they're working or not.
  • cidmocidmo Member Posts: 446 ✭✭✭
    dont get me started man
    i live in a townhome for one so im not sure the wiring is 100% correct in this place regarding the garages
    but sometimes my bill is insane
    i lost 2 hawaii GPU this summer so prolly 400-550watts gone
    my bill went up $100
    ive calculated my kWh many many times and sometimes its almost 1000 over at the end of the month
    where do you guys live? :smiley:

My power cost are pretty much what I calculated. Used to pay $40, but now I pay $110 with my first rig.

Looking forward in paying $190 next month as I added another 8-gpu rig.
    edited September 2017

My power cost are pretty much what I calculated. Used to pay $40, but now I pay $110 with my first rig.

@greatauror28 - So you have 8-card rig and pay $110/month ?

I have 4-card rig and pay currently $88.84/month. What's you average power at the wall? Mine is 905W.

Live in Pacific NW U.S. It's pretty mild weather. We've had a pretty hot summer though, but I have solar panels, so my electricity use actually goes down in the summer even with AC :smiley:
    Slight topic change... are RX480 and R9 any good for Zcash?
    samjankus said:

@greatauror28 - So you have 8-card rig and pay $110/month ?

I have 4-card rig and pay currently $88.84/month. What's you average power at the wall? Mine is 905W.

Live in Pacific NW U.S. It's pretty mild weather. We've had a pretty hot summer though, but I have solar panels, so my electricity use actually goes down in the summer even with AC :smiley:
    My 6-gpu rig is costing me an additional of $70 a month (my monthly bill is normally $40). I’m guessing the 2nd rig would be another $75-$85 a month.
    @greatauror28 - what's your power consumption on 6-card rig ?
    samjankus said:

@greatauror28 - what's your power consumption on 6-card rig ?

It is quite high at 1088w dual-mining with -dcri 25.

I will have to play with it again and set lower clocks.

My 2ng rig (8gpu) only uses 1198w, same dcri.
  • heavyarms1912heavyarms1912 Member Posts: 14
    without a proper intake-exhaust and if you're going to keep the rigs inside your house and the AC is set at 77 then it's running 24x7 expect 20-25 units per day additional to what it used to be