From all coins in dual mode (claymore) which one gives the lowest temperature?

AkromaAkroma Member Posts: 92
Hello guys :)

i just wanted to ask, between all coins you can mine using claymore, with rx 570 4gb, which one increases the least of temperatures?

i am using decred at the momento, but things are getting hot :(

is there another coin that has relatively similar returns on dual mode, but that generates less heat?

like pascal maybe?

thank you guys :)

Comments

• PlantDrPlantDr Member Posts: 122 ✭✭
    The coin itself doesn't affect GPU temperatures. It's the power draw, extra work of the GPU, etc. You can just try different coins and see for yourself though.
  • AkromaAkroma Member Posts: 92
    edited August 2017
    thank you for the info :)

do you think all coins will stress the gpu the same way? or have the same power draw? because if they have diferent values of power draw/stress, their temperaturas would vary.
  • sutheksuthek Member Posts: 324 ✭✭
    What are your temperatures? I just started dual mining.

I'm mining ETH + SIA and I'm sitting at 71 degrees with fans at 100%.
    I was 10 degrees cooler when only mining ETH... and fans at 70%
    Not sure if dual mining is worth this extra stress on the cards. Might cost more in replacement fans than the profit.
    hi, at the moment eth + dcr. i usually get 71 or 72, but at 12 middle of the day, the temps can get to 75 or 77. but only for like1 hour.

all that with 75%ish fan.

btw, on sia, what gpu are u using? and whats ur sia mhs?

thanks
    3xRX 580.
    ETH MH/S is 87 solo.

ETH MH/S with SIA = 75MH/S
    SIA MH/S is 2265

Temps are sitting around 70. Fan at 100% though.
    @suthek hello and thanks for your answer :)

the best strategy is not to lose eth mhs while dual mining. its usually more money done that way.

to do that, go to the claymore Windows, and press - on the keyboard. it will tell you that the dcri number was decreased. do that once, and see your eth mhs rate. repeat until eth is 87 again. then check what claymore tells you (like dcri 18 for example, but i dont know if that will be the value with sia)

then after you find the dcri number for which ur eth mhs rate is the same as solo, go to your claymore bat and add at the end the command -dcri number (where number is the number you got in the step before this one)

that way u will lose a Little of sia mhs in favor of getting ur eth mhs at 87, which yields better money rewards.

after that report ur info again to tune it a Little more.

also, you might want to put a fan near the gpus. maybe not a case fan or a small fan, but a "normal" fan, one of those people use in their house etc, so ur temp lowers.

your target should be reaching 70c or 69c, but with fan less than 100%. 70-75% can ge a good fan setting (if you get 70c with that setting after the external fan)

good luck :)
    Thanks! I'll try this tonight when I get home.
    edited August 2017
    Just tweaked the settings.
    I'm at 86.8MH/s ETH
    and 1650MH/s SIA (with DCRI set to 19)

3x RX 580 8GB cards.

I got my temperatures down. relocated my cards a bit.
    now I'm at 67 degrees with fans on auto mode. (default AMD profile.)

I think fans are between 60% and 70%.
    Post edited by suthek on
    excelent.

as aditional info, i get on rx 570/470 around 25.5 mhs on eth and 650 mhs on decred.

is good to have that info to put in calculators for future references.

now we need someone who does this with pascal :) maybe i will.

• greatauror28greatauror28 Member Posts: 126 ✭✭
    I've been doing eth+sia for 5 weeks now. My fans have -fanmin 50 -fanmax 90 -tt 65. When it's early in the morning and it's 10C out, my fans are just 62C and have 70% fans. When it gets warm in the noon and it hits >25C outside, GPUs become 65-69 with fans spinning at 70-90% variably.

Curious sidenote:
    I converted my SIA earnings for one month (~6200 siacoins) to ETH and its only 0.14766 or about 3.5days mining ETH only :neutral:
  • xastuntsxastunts Member Posts: 7
    Akroma said:

@suthek hello and thanks for your answer :)

the best strategy is not to lose eth mhs while dual mining. its usually more money done that way.

to do that, go to the claymore Windows, and press - on the keyboard. it will tell you that the dcri number was decreased. do that once, and see your eth mhs rate. repeat until eth is 87 again. then check what claymore tells you (like dcri 18 for example, but i dont know if that will be the value with sia)

then after you find the dcri number for which ur eth mhs rate is the same as solo, go to your claymore bat and add at the end the command -dcri number (where number is the number you got in the step before this one)

that way u will lose a Little of sia mhs in favor of getting ur eth mhs at 87, which yields better money rewards.

after that report ur info again to tune it a Little more.

also, you might want to put a fan near the gpus. maybe not a case fan or a small fan, but a "normal" fan, one of those people use in their house etc, so ur temp lowers.

your target should be reaching 70c or 69c, but with fan less than 100%. 70-75% can ge a good fan setting (if you get 70c with that setting after the external fan)

thank you for this bro!! i will really check this out!