Need Assistance with Mining

kshark555kshark555 Member Posts: 6
Hi. I'm someone new to the computer world who's interested in mining! I personally have a way to nearly get a large amount of electricity for no cost - but unfortunately I don't have any computer skills. I read the beginners guide and its like reading Greek.

Is there anyway for someone with no computer skills at all to be able to start a mining rig?

Heck, I've even posted a job - with no hits.

Comments

• mikeomikeo Member Posts: 176 ✭✭
    I suggest you forget mining and invest directly in ETH with an exchange.
  • exicquserexicquser Member Posts: 3
    If you have zero computer skills it is going to be a very very steep learning curve. Is there anyone locally that you know that knows a lot about computers?
  • Techman34Techman34 Member Posts: 405 ✭✭✭
  • rachetaracheta Member Posts: 20
    try minergate to mine altcoins or if you want to earn btc only then try nicehash
    both are easy to setup gui apps one requires email sign up other requires btc address
    choose whats best for you
  • kshark555kshark555 Member Posts: 6
    exicquser said:

If you have zero computer skills it is going to be a very very steep learning curve. Is there anyone locally that you know that knows a lot about computers?

Unfortunately I don't.
  • danxdanx californiaMember Posts: 145 ✭✭
    Are you needing help to build the computer system to do the mining, or just using what you have to start mining? If you need the computer built, you can go to just about any local computer shop and tell them what you want. As far as setting up the system to start mining, that part is pretty simple, even for someone who doesn't know much about computers.

noobpool.com A mining pool for everyone, even those who don't have a house full of mining rigs.
  • kshark555kshark555 Member Posts: 6
    danx said:

Are you needing help to build the computer system to do the mining, or just using what you have to start mining? If you need the computer built, you can go to just about any local computer shop and tell them what you want. As far as setting up the system to start mining, that part is pretty simple, even for someone who doesn't know much about computers.

noobpool.com A mining pool for everyone, even those who don't have a house full of mining rigs.

Danx, I'm not sure what I need or how to set it up.
  • danxdanx californiaMember Posts: 145 ✭✭
    If you have money to spend, I'd say just go to a local computer shop, not a big chain store, but a smaller owner/operator type place and tell them you want to buy a mining rig. They can probably build you something. Just tell them your budget and if they are half competent they will be able to fix you up.

Obviously you know a little about computers, you found your way here and were able to register an account and post your questions. If you can do that much you can start a computer mining. It really can be as simple as setting up an online wallet to keep your ethereum in, free and only takes a few minutes, pick a mining pool, and install a program to mine with. Then you just start it and watch the money just trickle in very slow, after a few days, if you have a good mining rig going, you'll be able to buy lunch at a fast food restaurant with all your hard earned money.

Ethereum is more of a... Mine as much as you can as fast as you can and hope it goes crazy and gets to be worth 10k per eth. Or more. It could happen. Don't kill my dreams people. I can see you rolling your eyes at me already. Stop it. One day I'll have like 12 eth and in a few years they will be worth 10k each and I'll cash out in all $1 bills and roll around naked in them. Don't judge me.

• EMWEEEMWEE Member Posts: 60
    You could just ask in this forum if someone in your area is willing to help you out.