<

>
hide You are viewing an archived web page, collected at the request of Ethereum Foundation using Archive-It. This page was captured on 04:14:35 May 06, 2021 , and is part of the Community collection. The information on this web page may be out of date. See All versions of this archived page. Loading media information

Do I use Ethereum mist wallet correctly?

sinodasinoda Member Posts: 3

I download it from below address:
https://github.com/ethereum/mist/releases

then I unzip the downloaded folder Ethereum-Wallet-win64-0-8-10 and got a folder named Ethereum-Wallet-win64-0-8-10. Actually I have no problem to set up the mist wallet.

ok, here comes my questions:

1. I go into the unzipped folder Eehereum-Wallet-win64-0-8-10 and double click the exe file "Ethereum Wallet" everytime when I need to open my ethereum wallet (Ethereum-Wallet-win64-0-8-10\win-unpacked\Ethereum wallet). Is it the correct and "only" way to open your ethereum mist wallet?

2. I have to sync for around 2 hrs for one day's lag after opening it. Is it normal?

3. I copy the folder "Ethereum-Wallet-win64-0-8-10" to a flash drive as an off-line wallet ( I guess I'm too naive). It still works when I double click the exe file "Ethereum Wallet" and sync it, but doesn't work to sync on the one in my computer (always shows "looking for peers", or "connecting to 2 peers" then go back to "looking for peers"). Is it the wrong way to use mist wallets?

Comments

• KryptoKrypto Member Posts: 3
    edited June 2017
    Hi, i have the same quastions. I download/sync now for 2 weeks and sometimes its 98 % then one hour later it is 66 % ! What does it mean? I m really frustraed. :-( Now Mist dont start and i have there 2 ETH. But if you Mist wallet never get peers, maybe there is an port closed, but i m not sure.