Riser concerns with setup

OrcrogoOrcrogo Member Posts: 4
Building a 7-8 GPU Rig - Going to be building multiple systems once the first one is completed.
GTX 1070's will be implemented into the system, all Nvidia 1070 Founders Editions, sporting 8 pin PCIE.
My power supplies will range from 1200 - 1600 watt systems, while reducing the power on each GPU and reach about 900 watt peak on an 8 rig.

006c
  1. Just wanted to confirm if anyone has experience with chaining from PSU -> *8 pin* GPU -> *6 pin* RISER - Each PCIE cable has a chain of 8(6+2) & 8(6+2)
  2. Can I plug in two risers per 'molex cable strand' if I can not do the PCIE chain? Should I use dual molex to 6 pin PCIE cables? Each strand has 4 molex plugs on it
  3. Are SATA to PCIE adapters still viable? Can I do dual SATA to PCIE to relieve potential burning?
Would have no reason to really get these if I can only tag two molex at a time off each strand. I would end up ordering more PERIF cables that have molex on them versus the SATA bundle each PSU manufacturer gives me

007/007s
Generally these would be my last resort. I would use these if I can not fulfill 006c/006 boards really.
  1. Any luck with these boards?

Best Answer

Answers

• OrcrogoOrcrogo Member Posts: 4
    Yea, I figured it would be a possibility, but would have to use extensions most likely.

It's 15 dollars, with shipping included for two sets of cables directly from manufacturer. And would have 8 molex to use appropriately. Will probably just make it easier to keep the PCIE cables separated, and use molex to power the boards each.

Thanks for the help!