6 Gpus on Asrock Fatal1ty B250 GAMING K4

supguyssupguys Member Posts: 23
- Hi guys, I recently bought the parts to build 4 rigs with the following config each one.:

- Mobo Asrock Fatal1ty B250 GAMING K4
- 6 RX 470 4Gb. Different assemblers.
- 4GB Corsair Vengeance 2133
- Celeron G3900
- Windows 10 x64p

- For now, I've only been able to make the system recongnize 5 GPUs, but no luck with the sixth one. Even that the system is totally unsatable, some time only recognizes 4 GPUs.

- I would like to know if anyone in the forum has found a solution or have encounter this problem. I actually found a threat here that mention this MOBO but anything else. Essentially I have this situation but for some reason I believe I'am the only one who cant make all 6 GPUs work.

- I also found this but it's the same.

Anyone? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Dave2kDave2k Member Posts: 46
    - can you test one rig with 8GB RAM?
    - on my board i had to set all slots to GEN1 und Enable above 4G decoding, do you have similar BIOS settings?
    - how did you install your cards? one by one?
    i looked up your board, for the GEN1 suggestion of my previous post, you would need to set the Chipset Configuration -> PCIE LINK SPEED to 1x ... (there is no Option other than "AUTO" mentioned in the manual, so i guess, go for the lowest).
  • supguyssupguys Member Posts: 23
    edited May 2017
    Dave2k said:

- can you test one rig with 8GB RAM?
    - on my board i had to set all slots to GEN1 und Enable above 4G decoding, do you have similar BIOS settings?
    - how did you install your cards? one by one?

- Yes I tried 8Gb configuration. But it's basicly the same.
    - Which board do you have?

- I installed the system entirely with one GPU, once everything was set up i installed the other ones.
    Dave2k said:

i looked up your board, for the GEN1 suggestion of my previous post, you would need to set the Chipset Configuration -> PCIE LINK SPEED to 1x ... (there is no Option other than "AUTO" mentioned in the manual, so i guess, go for the lowest).

- If I leave all the chipset settings by default (auto) and TOLUD in auto, the OS sees all the 6 GPUs but 3 of them have the code 12 error at device manager.

- If I set al PCI-E to GEN1 and unplug 2 GPUs I am able to have 4 GPUs working.

- If I set TOLUD at 3.5 GB, PCI-E (auto instead GEN1) and unplug the last GPU, I'am able to get (some times) all 5 GPUs working.

- If I plug the last GPU to have all 6 working, just after shut down the system with 5 of them working. the system boots, but the OS wont start, it reboots itself two times after turn on the PC and enters at the recovery options. I tried to continue to OS or restart but the windows never starts. I have to unplug the 6th card to start the system or even some times I have to clear CMOS.

- About "Chipset Configuration -> PCIE LINK SPEED to 1x" option you mention, yes GEN1 is the lowest but for 5 GPUs only works at auto, I simply don't understand why.

- About "Enable above 4G decoding" well I haven't see this option at the UEFI or something like that. I also update the UEFI to the 2.00 version wich is the last one.

- Thanks for taking the time to review my case and check my MOBO manual.

- Any suggestion I'm listening and I'm gonna try them, but tomorrow, I've been awake like 26 hours trying to find a solution for this.

- Is the one in the lower part.

Apparently he succeed with all 6 GPUs. HERE
    supguys said:

- Which board do you have?

MSI Z170A GAMING PRO CARBON

I wrote a guide for the process i went through, because i had some trouble aswell.
    supguys said:

- I installed the system entirely with one GPU, once everything was set up i installed the other ones.

- If I leave all the chipset settings by default (auto) and TOLUD in auto, the OS sees all the 6 GPUs but 3 of them have the code 12 error at device manager.

I had a similar issue, i had either a BSOD with ATTEMPTED_EXECUTE_OF_NOEXECUTE_MEMORY or Code 12 on my cards. My Problem was solved by installing one GPU, like you did, with default BIOS Options. After installing all drivers i rebooted the system, set the BIOS PCIE Settings to GEN1 etc. then in shutdown the motherboard and installed the risers + GPUS. After that, everything worked. Windows was seeing all cards. I knew it was a Windows problem, because i booted a Ubuntu and looked if it had all cards detected and functional. It had, so i was "sure" that my BIOS settings were correct.

I was _not_ able to install cards one by one. Since i had to RMA 2 cards i started with 4 cards only. Adding the other ones when they returned, caused problems like explained above. I had to DDU and reinstall the drivers as i stated.
    supguys said:

- If I plug the last GPU to have all 6 working, just after shut down the system with 5 of them working. the system boots, but the OS wont start, it reboots itself two times after turn on the PC and enters at the recovery options. I tried to continue to OS or restart but the windows never starts. I have to unplug the 6th card to start the system or even some times I have to clear CMOS.

This sounds pretty much like the problem i had. Please, if you haven't try it step by step alongside my guides first section.
    supguys said:

- About "Chipset Configuration -> PCIE LINK SPEED to 1x" option you mention, yes GEN1 is the lowest but for 5 GPUs only works at auto, I simply don't understand why.

Me neither ...
    supguys said:

- Thanks for taking the time to review my case and check my MOBO manual.

- Any suggestion I'm listening and I'm gonna try them, but tomorrow, I've been awake like 26 hours trying to find a solution for this.

No Problem, i also had a very sleep-depraved time, when my miner didn't work. :wink:
    I really hope that you find the solution.

another thing, that i just thought of, did you try disabling the integrated GPU ?
  • pakebilingpakebiling Member Posts: 4
    i managed to make it work with 6GPUs
    code 12 was solved by turning TOLUD to 3.5 and to make it work with 6 GPUs without restart loop and recovery what you need to do is plug 1 GPU and go into windows and clean all the AMD driver with DDU and after that plug all of your 6 GPUs without any driver should be able to detect 6 of them and boot into windows and follow this video

Dave2k said:

another thing, that i just thought of, did you try disabling the integrated GPU ?

THIS MOBO don't have DISABLE INTEGRATED GRAPHICS option, you just can choose which PRIMARY GRAPHICS DIPLAY you need.
  • GunawanGunawan Member Posts: 3
    now i'm getting this trouble too.
    motherboard asrock b250 Gaming k4
    processor intel i3 6100K
    memopru 2x4gb
    gpu 6 x Sapphire RX 580 nitro+ 8gb Limited Edition

any gpu insert to pcie slot number 2 from above it will false read by gpu-z and cant set the cclock and mclock. and speed @claymore will be only 4mhs.

@supguys are you successfully run your 6 GPU? i can run 6GPU full speed 30mhs but it cant stable and will become error after restart and its hard to get it back
    @Gunawan Yes I am, but with EthOS. Check your risers. That Mobo does not work really well for mining with Windows, you may try the trick @pakebiling shared with us and let us know how was for you that trick.
    @supguys can we set cclock and mclock with ethOS?
    and remote desktop too?
    Yes, Yes and NO, but you can manage your rig remotely.
    @supguys are you buying from gpushark or download it free from someone? is that any different?
  • TjiuZTjiuZ Member Posts: 6
    Asrock b250 gaming k4 can use more then 6 gpu ?
  • brunojfkbrunojfk Member Posts: 9
    Hello guys, I could add 6 gpus on that one. Pcie all AUTO, TOLUD 3.5 and disabled everything else except LAN.

• DocsixDocsix Member Posts: 3
    So the only bios settings we change from default for the ASRock B250 4k is PCIe all auto, 3.5 TOLUD, and disable all but LAN? No other changes? I basically did this except I changed PCIe to gen1 which got 5 instead of 4 working on one rig (RX470 cards) where one specific slot wouldnt read. But I duplicated this on the other rig and now it wont display anything to the monitor from any hdmi port. Would this just be the Gen 1 change that is screwing me or any other recommendations?
    Thank you all. Ive been working on this for weeks, and I have been on this forum for 2 days, and these past two days you all have helped more than any tech support.
  • Fish_minerFish_miner Member Posts: 29
    Hi ! Do you get worked rig with 6gpu on fak** Ass Rocker B250 fitality 4k :| Can install 5 card (one after one) and all is fine ,when put 6 boom black screen ,and need reset bios and start again :s:s Maybi tomorow will try update bios ! But wanted to know if any one resolve problem ! Gpu gtx 1060 with 4+4 and psu evga 1000w gold+

Hi ! Do you get worked rig with 6gpu on fak** Ass Rocker B250 fitality 4k :| Can install 5 card (one after one) and all is fine ,when put 6 boom black screen ,and need reset bios and start again :s:s Maybi tomorow will try update bios ! But wanted to know if any one resolve problem ! Gpu gtx 1060 with 4+4 and psu evga 1000w gold+

Yep, just use EthOS
  • ethjockethjock Member Posts: 1
    supguys said:

Yep, just use EthOS
    Can you help me get my 6th card up and going please?

I use Ethos and my 5 cards are stable.
    Rx 580 O4gb
    B250 gaming K4 mobo
    PCIE auto
    disabled everything but Lan

I've tested and changed out all risers wires.
    taken everything apart and add one by one.. but still black screen on the 6th card.

Please help, thanks!
  • braadz33braadz33 Member Posts: 1
    Hi guys, just wondering what PCIE RISERS everyone is using with this motherboard? Was any configuration required?