Bandwidth Usage 6 card rig?

RabassoRabasso Member Posts: 151 ✭✭
My rig is sending MB of data out, what should be the average traffic of 1 rig? I don't know if I'm formulating the question properly.

I have fiber and my 6 rigs are kind of consuming a lot of my bandwidth, I updated to claymore 7.4 and after that I'm having this problem, then noticed his network monitoring setting was open to monitor and write and I'm starting to think that maybe someone came in and installed some kind of malware and is using my rigs as bots. I have been using netstat to see the bites coming in and out and is sending out around 15 mb every 2 minutes sometimes more, is that the load expected for the rig?

Comments

• workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2016
    You can try turning off monitoring with -mport 0. Stratum mining should use very little bandwidth. 15MB of data in 2min seems very high.

You look at packets to see what's actually being transmitted?
  • RabassoRabasso Member Posts: 151 ✭✭
    work said:

You can try turning off monitoring with -mport 0. Stratum mining should use very little bandwidth. 15MB of data in 2min seems very high.

You look at packets to see what's actually being transmitted?

I don't know how to look at packets, I already turned -mport 0 but other than that don't know how to monitor my network for communications.
  • theneogeo1982theneogeo1982 Member Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

What os?

Im running win 10. thanks in advance for the help
  • theneogeo1982theneogeo1982 Member Posts: 530 ✭✭✭
    Hmmmm, when you go to adapter settings you can see the bytes send and received as well.. Maybe check for a virus ( oddly enough ) then try to tracerout the data going out.. Hell if all else fails, format and reinstall :D
  • workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    https://www.wireshark.org

Wireshark is your friend if you want to sniff network traffic.

Hmmmm, when you go to adapter settings you can see the bytes send and received as well.. Maybe check for a virus ( oddly enough ) then try to tracerout the data going out.. Hell if all else fails, format and reinstall :D

yes did check teh adapter and then did a comand line netstat -e and theer are discrepancies, did some sniffing with wireshark and doesn't show anythink strange, i think i will do a clean installin all the rigs to make sure. i need to isolate each rig and be methodicale about it, lots of work.... thanks for the tips.
  • freakypunkerfreakypunker Member Posts: 8
    Rabasso said:

yes did check teh adapter and then did a comand line netstat -e and theer are discrepancies, did some sniffing with wireshark and doesn't show anythink strange, i think i will do a clean installin all the rigs to make sure. i need to isolate each rig and be methodicale about it, lots of work.... thanks for the tips.
    Hi, Did the clean reinstall work for you?

My router turns useless every time I start the miner.. also the internet goes too slow....

thanks