Do you guys want an ethOS Custom Web Stats Panel?

rachetaracheta Member Posts: 20
edited April 2017 in Mining
Yo,
I am planning to setup a custom web statistics panel for ethos since gpushack is asking for a lot of amount.
I can make anywhere from a simple raw html panel to a well designed CSS panel with email notifications and stuff.
I want to keep the panel simple and short, not displaying unnecessary data like on the ethOS Panel, if needed all those information can be showed in a more detailed page about the rig.

I'll be needing more than a few Yeses to the poll to get motivated enough to start the project.
Please provide your responses and feedbacks to help me make this project successful.
Thank You

Do you guys want an ethOS Custom Web Stats Panel? 22 votes

Yes
95%
ghostwege12ciprianptbotarnoldkristofferjonbinbashminerman1supguyshambaedgarjgg93SharkownEtherealmsHarits5550rachetawizcapZaliroBischof5000JohnGofonebookheadsrinisy 21 votes
No
4%
Dr_House86 1 vote

Comments

• rachetaracheta Member Posts: 20
    Yes
    here is a custom one http://bit.ly/2p1Jd3I
    for you guys i'll make a more general one, but it seems like a lot less people are interested in this panel.
  • buffybuffy Member Posts: 101 ✭✭
    dont work

I have custom ethos panel for my few friends. because for running you need to "install" some scripts which send to my server webhook data. but lot of people affraid this solution :)

Just now i'm testing some github solution for others. should be more transparent.
    Yes
    I'll work in python so if anyone got any security issues they can just read the script and confirm it. I have the base system ready to send data to server. I just need a server and I can set it up in for beta in a few days
  • minerman1minerman1 Member Posts: 26
    Yes
    Bump! I would be very interested. Letting FREE code be controlled by someone distributing it on an SSD card and he has the ability to turn off the panel on people? That's wrong on so many levels. I would support the panel and help financially.
    Yes
    I would be interested in taking this code and copying and modifying this code since that's what GPU "Shack" did in the first place. If there are any front end and back end coders out there please PM me! Let's get this moving.
  • kotariuskotarius Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2017
    minerman1 said:

Bump! I would be very interested. Letting FREE code be controlled by someone distributing it on an SSD card and he has the ability to turn off the panel on people? That's wrong on so many levels. I would support the panel and help financially.

Who do you think wrote this "free" code? http://ethosdistro.com/changelog/ Try reading our changelog. Each change requires hours of work to make sure it works on 7000+ rigs.
    edited April 2017
    Yes
    @kotarius You guys have done a wonderful job of creating a out of the box mining OS. I'll do say that the panel thing is a bit overboard though. I mean the panel is good but paying 30$ for every rig to be seen there is much expensive since i can setup a bare metal high end server to run for a year with just few grands. Not to mention 30$*7000 rigs! :wink:
    @minerman1 very few people have voted I need some more supporters to start the project
    Post edited by racheta on
    Yes
    EXACTLY! all this takes is a few Pi Stacks and you have a home server to bounce the info off of
    edited May 2017
    Yes
    I don't think GPU shack likes this idea. Oh well. This is all doable, and any coders out there PM me
    Post edited by minerman1 on
    Yes
    minerman1 said:

I don't think GPU shack likes this idea. Oh well. This is all doable, and any coders out there PM me

I have most of the codes ready, all i have to do is rent a server and write the server side codes.
  • kotariuskotarius Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    Our team does not mind that you create a panel. Personally, I encourage it.

There is some misinterpretation of why you are spending $39. The licensing is not for the panel, that is just how we enforce it. I would love it if everyone that wanted to use ethOS was actually compliant with our licensing, then we would not have to enforce it at all.

You are paying for continued development.

Today, for instance, we released a version that allows people to mine on 5+ GPUs on Z170/X/Z270/X chipsets, with our new release: http://ethosdistro.com/changelog/

$39 per rig is only about 4% of the cost of all the hardware, and pays for itself with 4 days of mining.

So, instead of arguing about it on forums, I could be making ethOS better. Think about that.
    Yes
    kotarius said:

Our team does not mind that you create a panel. Personally, I encourage it.

You are paying for continued development.

So, instead of arguing about it on forums, I could be making ethOS better. Think about that.

Thats a better way putting it. Honestly I only care about you being cool with the alternate panel. I might come to your IRC if and when I get stuck.
    And the panel is not going to be an advanced one like yours i'll probably just make a simple page displaying current info rather than historical data and graphs.
    Yes
    if anyone has code they want to share let me know. anyone can point their rigs to a raspberry pi and do a good job. Wanted to know if anyone has done this already?
    Yes
    the update does nothing for those who want a true custom panel. updates will follow regarding how to set up a server and point your rigs to it. I suggest you wait to update because his custom panel he added is still pointing to his server.
  • buffybuffy Member Posts: 101 ✭✭
    setup rig is easy. just make cron and send rig info to your ftp server. most work is custom panel and processing the content into a table... I made it on my server. People affraid send rig info to my server... that's why I have this custom panel only for my testing. I can't give a code, it's still in progress. just now I'm testing push up notification. after test I will add it to ethos android app.
    Yes
    https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/12742/ethos-custom-web-stats-panel/
    made a development discussion thread, please help me with ideas for this project
    edited February 2018
    Yes
    Bump for this project. There have been advances on my part as ETHOS is essentially a compilation of different miners built by other people. Then they want to try and sell a package of miners on Linux. This could be done but it does offer convince than other routes of action.

Let me know if you have advanced anything regarding this topic. I will be happy to share where I stand.

Have all of your stats panels point to your own cheap 35 dollar server and never sending data to the ethos database again. No more down time for your info stat panel and no more issues period. This would exclude the need for GPU shack all together as all your apps can point to your pi and have up to the date data updates without any issues they constantly have on their end.

Personal experience on my part, I have a Panel Pending Verification even though nothing has been added to the farm or for that matter any thing has changed. I emailed them yesterday and will give them time today to resolve the issue. Also, it's time to unlock the panels that have been blocked for a year that were paid for. Luckily they were not sued over this because there are so many ways to get around their ridicules "lack of warranty". I figured it's not worth my time as my time is more valuable than a large settlement.

I will be providing all information and steps to achieve these results with your own purchased pi in every forum across the entire internet. I want the people to have control of their purchases and not have it blocked after its been paid for.

ALSO, NEVER USE/WASTE TIME SETTING UP THEIR "CUSTOM" PANEL. This is a cheap trick that really offers nothing to users.
  • fonebookheadfonebookhead Member Posts: 16
    Yes
    I didn't set my stuff up yet but I think new programs from new sources are usually a good thing to encourage. Then people can decide if it was a good idea or not. Alternatives and additional choices are usually a good thing.
    Yes
    any progress with this?
  • RigstatOnlineRigstatOnline Member Posts: 4
    minerman1 said:

any progress with this?

It seems that all such projects gone dead :(
    Here you could find free and active developing custom EthOS panel https://rigstat.online