Blockchains in big companies

Hi,
I'm investigating all the possibilities that could bring the blockchains for my company (8K employees, chemical industry)

I would like to know what kind of blockchain usages could be interesting (or you've ever seen in other businesses) for us to investigate deeper.

I'm looking for examples and ideas where
- blockchain usage could bring values in the Supply Chain management
- blockchain usage could struggle counterfeit. Do you know some success stories?
- blockain for M2M has been implemented. What can be the difficulties to use this technology when a company already works with an ERP like SAP?

Hope that you could help me with some examples and suggestions.
Thanks in advance
Pierre

Best Answer

Answers

• theneogeo1982theneogeo1982 Member Posts: 530 ✭✭✭
    What is the purpose of trying to implement a blockchain within your company?
  • PIRGPIRG Member Posts: 3
    @theneogeo1982 the purpose is to investigate more into the potential of Blockchain technology. Of course we know Bitcoins, but it's interesting to better know where we could find opportunities for our business, cost reductions or anything else (more safety, more independence, more targeted information, etc.)
  • PIRGPIRG Member Posts: 3
    @o0ragman0o thanks for your comments. Do you have some examples where blockchain has been used for the externalization of supply chains? the names of some companies
  • o0ragman0oo0ragman0o Member, Moderator Posts: 1,291 mod
    edited March 2017
    @pirg Not that I'm aware of, but the whole Ethereum ecosystem is still in it's infancy and these kinds of applications are certainly being worked up. The EEA (Enterprise Ethereum Alliance) I believe (hope) will be looking to develop the standards needed to support the broad inter-operational requirements of something like supply chain logistics.

Keep an eye on the blockchain media. There's announcements by big companies seemingly on a weekly basis.
    Post edited by o0ragman0o on
  • theneogeo1982theneogeo1982 Member Posts: 530 ✭✭✭
    They're lots of companies and information about this.. Just look up reddit