HancockCoin - the identity coin that can only be sent once

PaulPaul Member Posts: 13
edited November 2014 in Projects
What if someone used Ethereum to create a coin that can only be sent to one address, which is the first address it is sent to, and no other. Furthermore, the coin contained the details of your identity. I suppose that a central entity would have to verify that your identity is true. But after applying for this coin through some central entity or review process at that point you could be awarded say a billion worthless HancockCoins. The system works so that you have automatically premined them all and no one else owns any - and any one coin can only be sent once. (I don't know how you would work that programming but it seems like Snapchat kinda) Then you could use the coin as a virtual signature. No one else could sign your name bc the coin could not be resent. It would be like owning a royal seal. If someone stole your supply of HancockCoins you'd be fucked. But if such a thing existed no one could say blame hackers for boneheaded Twitter posts unless they were lacking your HancockCoin seal of identity. There may be other uses for a coin that can only be sent once but nothing else pops into my head at this about- to-go- to-bed hour.

Comments

• JasperJasper Eindhoven, the NetherlandsMember Posts: 514 ✭✭✭
    You want a list of people and a number with each one?
    shared:
    OWNER = 0
    init:
    contract.storage[OWNER] = msg.sender
    code:
    if msg.sender == contract.storage[OWNER]:
    if msg.datasize == 1: //A message asking to change the owner.
    contract.storage[OWNER] = msg.data[0]
    return("changed owner")
    else: // Sets a chunk of data.
    j = 1
    while j < msg.datasize:
    contract.storage[msg.data[0] + j - 1] = msg.data[j]
    j = j +1
    return("set data")
    else: // Non-owners can ask.
    if msg.datasize == 1: // Note: inflexible, cant return ranges of data, just single chunks.
    return(contract.storage[msg.data[0]])
    return("not asking?")
    Note that strings in serpent can currently just be 32 bytes. Actually filling in return values just for debugging is a bit inefficient, but doing it for now.

Code is just for a chunks of data you can edit, with no preintended use. You could put in a list, and have other contracts interpret it. More likely, you'd make a version with preintended use.

Oh.. right you want there to be a limited amount of them? It is also easy.
  • PaulPaul Member Posts: 13
    Wow I know nothing about programming but you seem to be saying this could work. You should do it! Maybe you could call it JasperHancockCoin, but I guess that doesn't have much of a ring to it lol...
  • eaglgenes101eaglgenes101 Member Posts: 43
    And please explain how this will be more useful than any other key system?