Serpent 2 contract on pyethereum: Which git branches? POC7?

cybercocyberco Member Posts: 20
Hi all!
Sorry for the newbie question, but I'm trying to use a new Serpent (2.0) contract with pyethereum but the latter won't compile it. Just to make sure I have everything set up correctly, from the Serpent git repo I need the branch 'poc7', and the same for the pyethereum repo?

Comments

• JasperJasper Eindhoven, the NetherlandsMember Posts: 514 ✭✭✭
    They're intended to work together, of course. But i dont think PoC7 is stable yet. PoC6 might be better to use, but i think Serpent has changed a bunch recently. contract.storage is replaced with statements of data and later self.data_name, i think. Here is a page on it, should probably explicitly stay self.something refers to contract storage. Also note that the Miscellaneous section talks about the Python package.
  • cybercocyberco Member Posts: 20
    Thanks, Jasper. Indeed, Serpent changed quite a lot recently, even so much that Vitalik decided to bump the major version. PoC6 doesn't work with Serpent 2.0 either. I've seen the Serpent wiki page and was trying to get those examples working, but that was when I bumped into the issue that started this thread. :) Guess I'll dive into pyethereum's code to see why Serpent 2.0/PoC7 contracts won't compile with PyEthereum PoC7. I'll keep you posted if I find something.