Ethereum-wallet 0.8.8 seems to have issues

zedzednovazedzednova Member Posts: 53
Hello Folks,

I was trying to upgrade my Ethereum wallet from 0.8.2 to 0.8.8 and ran into some issues.

0.8.2 can see all of my Accounts and Wallet Contracts and the balance shows the correct amount of ether, however the wallet/window hangs forever and I have to force quit the helper apps to get the ethereum-wallet to shutdown.

When I run 0.8.8 I can see only my Accounts, none of the Wallet Contracts, none of the labels for the accounts, and the ether balance is wrong.

I am running on a Mac, I am using a stand-alone geth instance to keep the blockchain up to date, geth is installed by homebrew, and I have relocated the location of the chaindata. When I start Ethereum-wallet (both 0.8.2 and 0.8.8) from the command line the command looks like:

./Ethereum\ Wallet --node geth --gethpath /usr/local/bin/geth --rpc /geth.ipc --loglevel debug

Usually before 0.8.2 hangs I see the transactions for the two Wallet Contracts printed in the terminal window, a variable number of peers, and the number of blocks loaded and time since last update. I also noticed that 0.8.2 prints in the terminal output: [INFO] Db - Loading db: /Users//Library/Application Support/Mist/mist.lokidb.

0.8.8 when it starts shows a variable number of peers, and the number of blocks loaded and time since last update, and prints in the terminal output: [INFO] Db - Loading db: /Users//Library/Application Support/Ethereum Wallet/mist.lokidb

When I noticed that 0.8.8 is looking in a different location for mist.lokidb, I copied the backup of /Users//Library/Application Support/Mist/* to that location and cranked up 0.8.8. Well, now I see the correct accounts and names and the Wallet Contracts and names, but the ETH balance is wrong, it doesn't show any peers, shows that no blocks have loaded and the wallet appears to hang.

In both cases when the wallet appears to hang I have one "Ethereum Wallet Helper" process consuming 100% CPU (or more) with another "Ethereum Wallet Helper" process along with "Ethereum Wallet" occasionally popping up as consuming small amounts of CPU.

While this is happening the geth process is happily doing it's thing with no complaints at all. Here is the output of geth version:
$ geth version
Geth
Version: 1.5.5-stable
Git Commit: ff07d54843ea7ed9997c420d216b4c007f9c80c3
Protocol Versions: [63 62]
Network Id: 1
Go Version: go1.7.4
GOPATH=
GOROOT=/usr/local/Cellar/go/1.7.4_1/libexec
$

Any suggestions?

Thanks,