ethpool.org - Predictable solo mining pool

1202122232426»

Comments

• tocotoco Member Posts: 2
    @dr_pra could you check ticket nr 909 pretty please (or answer at my previous question on forums here
  • dr_pradr_pra Member Posts: 445 ✭✭✭
    Sorry, your ticket got lost. We responded already.
    edited July 2016
    After a long beta phase and lots of valuable feedback from you we have put the final polish on our new mining interface. The most relevant change is that the interface now also includes the reported hashrate of your miners.

Edit: We have also added individual worker charts which are accessible via a click on the worker name. Compared to the previous solution having lots of workers will not cause the page to block during the initial load.

Before we replace the old interface with the new one we would like to collect one final round of suggestions from your side.

You can check out the new interface using the link provided on your respective mining page on ethpool.

Thanks a lot in advance!
    Post edited by dr_pra on
  • hvalentinohvalentino Member Posts: 105
    Hey guys, I have a question if you don't mind :) I tried to mine using ethpool, and little bit confused... how to count how many ether I will get with this ethpool? all I see is just Credits:17t and then next block 3days, can someone please explain it to me? thank you guys!!
  • dlehenkydlehenky Member Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Ethpool pays you for a full block (5 ETH) plus whatever other rewards are included in that block, like transaction fees, uncle incentives, etc. when you reach the top of the credits list. Whoever is at the top of the credit list, when the pool mines a block, get that block reward. It's is very similar to mining solo, although your income is much more predictable.
    edited July 2016
    We have enabled the new interface as the default for all miners. We will keep the old legacy interface around till the new interface is working perfectly for all miners.

The new interface will soon be available for ethermine.org as well.

Thanks for mining with us!
    @dr_pra Miner stats seem to be down: "502 Bad Gateway", although the main page comes up, and the miners are mining. This is in the US.
    Announcement: According to the voting result (65% in favor of not supporting the fork) the pool is supposed not to support the fork. But as all other major pools (e.g. dwarfpool, ethermine, nanopool) are supporting the fork we can and will not jeopardize any mining income of the pool by mining on a chain that has a very high probability to get orphaned. Therefore, according to our voting policy stated in the announcement, we will support the hard fork.
  • thesmokingmanthesmokingman Member Posts: 152 ✭✭
    edited July 2016
    @dr_pra - Why put up the voting then? All was needed was a message stating ethpool would follow whatever the popular vote is and leave it at that. Why give miners the fallacy of voting when you would make your own choice....
    Post edited by thesmokingman on
  • workwork Member Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭✭
    @thesmokingman the vote had a clear purpose. But it's ultimately a community consensus decision, and pools need to follow the majority else they'll end up mining on a chain where the block rewards are quite literally worthless.

This also isn't to mention that the No votes were clearly manipulated with rented hash-power.
  • MrYukonCMrYukonC Member Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2016
    @MrYukonC Interesting, although I still don't understand what they hoped to accomplish. I guess dr_pra made some extra fees for a bit.
  • MrYukonCMrYukonC Member Posts: 627 ✭✭✭
    @dlehenky I accidentally posted in this thread -- I have moved it over to the 'voting' thread.
  • hasherhasher Member Posts: 642 ✭✭✭
    @dr_pra is the asia server down? ethpool is alerting me that all my rigs are down, yet they are still submitting shares to the asia server... whats going on?
    there was an network issue that prevented the server to send shares to the main pool. The issue has been resolved and all shares have been sent for processing and crediting. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    Was interesting to watch how the credit required for a block changed as the difficulty dropped. It actually fell faster then I expected - cool to see.
  • EfterlysTEfterlysT Member Posts: 99
    I have some problems with effective hashrate going all over the place while my reported hashrate is solid. This have been going on since i moved here around one week ago.

I am using the Europe server.
  • SmokyishSmokyish Member Posts: 203 ✭✭
    @EfterlysT Yes, that is how mining works, it fluctuates. Reported is just what your miner is reporting as how it is hashing.
  • EfterlysTEfterlysT Member Posts: 99
    Smokyish said:

@EfterlysT Yes, that is how mining works, it fluctuates. Reported is just what your miner is reporting as how it is hashing.

At ethermine my effective hashrate is pretty much stable close to my reported hashrate

• ETGoHomeETGoHome Member Posts: 36
    Well, found something very interesting. Even though it says us1.ethpool.org is supposedly East America and us2.ethpool.org is supposedly West America, but when you ping both of them, they return the exact same IP address of 149.56.26.222. So why the deception of 2 different server locations? Or am I missing something?
    Because of low demand we have temporarily disabled our ethpool US2 node and re-routed it via our next closest node which is US1 in this case.
  • ETGoHomeETGoHome Member Posts: 36
    dr_pra said:

Because of low demand we have temporarily disabled our ethpool US2 node and re-routed it via our next closest node which is US1 in this case.

Thanks for the clarification. So would it be better to connect to US1 only instead then? Would that mean US2 will have an extra hop since it's being re-routed?
    ETGoHome said:

dr_pra said:

Thanks for the clarification. So would it be better to connect to US1 only instead then? Would that mean US2 will have an extra hop since it's being re-routed?
    There would not be an extra hop, both us1 and us2 are currently equivalent and interchangable.
  • charliebridge82charliebridge82 Member Posts: 34
    I have a small rig (for testing purposes) and got 4.95 eth from one block and 4.33 eth from an uncle in the same payment. Not bad...
  • mitice123mitice123 Member Posts: 41
    How much time will i hir block with 300mh?
  • pruthvi1994pruthvi1994 Member Posts: 2
    @dr_pra In how many days can a miner with 12MH/s hash rate expect to receive his first payout? And what is the minimum payout?
  • jstefanopjstefanop Member Posts: 43
    anyone else notice this pool's luck has been sitting at about 80% lately? This is not varience either...(otherwise some days it would be 120%)...its consistently under 100%. Maybe time to move...
  • 551kbless551kbless Member Posts: 3
    Genoil said:

@verjic my miner also has support for custom DAG directory. On Windows you should use Win7 for better hash rate.

What miner are you using? I have tried 5 or 6 with no luck, always hangs/fails with the dag files. I hve set virtual memory max at 200000MB, maybe specifying a different drive would help? 120 GB SSD as C: but I have 8 TB total between 3 other drives. I am using a GTX960 2 GB, but I saw guys on another forum saying their 6 GB cards were failing DAG. I was getting a failure creating DAG buffer and creating the DAG file itself. I am a noob but very tech savvy, having been in IT since 1985